10 Year Anniversary - Nevada Shooters Logo re-design contest

requiem

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Staff member
Administrator
This place will be 10 years old in October - and it's about time we do a little remodeling around here.

With a forum upgrade pending, it would ideal to get a new look and feel going.

So we decided to open this up to the members!

- The only requirement is that the blue in the state flag be present in the design.

- The contest will end on 3/16.
- The winner will get a free forum t-shirt!

Post up your ideas here and the staff will review and decide the winner.

Any questions, drop one of the admins a message.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

stitch702

Recovering Gunaholic
Forum Supporter
This place will be 10 years old in October - and it's about time we do a little remodeling around here.

With a forum upgrade pending, it would ideal to get a new look and feel going.

So we decided to open this up to the members!

- The only requirement is that the blue in the state flag be present in the design.

- The contest will end on 2/18.

- The winner will get a free forum t-shirt!

Post up your ideas here and the staff will review and decide the winner.

Any questions, drop one of the admins a message.

:thumbsup:

I’m thinking the shape of Nevada in the background with the battle born symbol overlaying it and a pair of revolvers or civil war era firearms on each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoLasVegas

Not a new member
Forum Supporter
Any professional designer would charge a lot of money for a rebranding like this. Certainly much more than the value of a t-shirt. I don’t usually wear t-shirts so there really isn’t a ton of motivation for me to put in much time or effort.

I think you would get some better submissions if the prize was better. Just thinking out loud, but maybe a commercial sponsorship with top banner ad placement for some reasonable period of time would be a better incentive to get someone to work on this.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Thanks for your input.
I've had friends use https://www.fiverr.com/ and paid less than the cost of a tshirt for their logos - and they look great. But this is more of a fun thing than anything else I think. [MENTION=1]requiem[/MENTION] can speak more to that than I can.

SoLasVegas

Not a new member
Forum Supporter
Thanks for your input.
I've had friends use https://www.fiverr.com/ and paid less than the cost of a tshirt for their logos - and they look great. This is more of a fun thing than anything else I think. Requiem can speak more to that than I can.
That’s cool. My experience with fiverr was different. I was sold a logo that was someone else’s intellectual property. A quick google image search found the main portion of the design the “artist” sent me. If I had used that for my business I could have been sued. But worse than that, I would have wasted time and resources promoting a brand that I would have to change because I had no right to use it. Imagine if you spent money getting signs, business cards, t-shirts, vehicle wraps, etc and then had to scrap all that when someone’s lawyer sends you a cease and desist letter.

SoLasVegas

Not a new member
Forum Supporter
Luckily I caught it before any of that. I then spent a few hours looking at a bunch of different logo artists on fiverr and their past jobs. I reported DOZENS of them for copyright violations after finding the real creator of the content they had sold to other people.

Because of that, I don’t advise anyone to use fiverr for anything like this.

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
Let's get serious about this folks!
Ok a busty lady shooting a gun, then a busty lady shooting a shooter (shot) and then a busty lady shooting craps... boom done!!! With a blue dress.
I'll take a box of ammo instead of a shirt :dita:

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
I like [MENTION=2]Pachinko Pistola[/MENTION] 's contribution, but no blue... :thumbsup: