• Welcome to Nevada Shooters!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, buy and sell with in our popular Trading Post and more! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
  • Attention mobile users! The Tapatalk integration is down until further notice. For the full mobile experience, please simply use your web browser on your mobile device to view the forum. Thank you!

10 Year Anniversary - Nevada Shooters Logo re-design contest

requiem

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Staff member
Administrator
This place will be 10 years old in October - and it's about time we do a little remodeling around here.

With a forum upgrade pending, it would ideal to get a new look and feel going.

So we decided to open this up to the members!

- The only requirement is that the blue in the state flag be present in the design.

- The contest will end on 3/16.
- The winner will get a free forum t-shirt!

Post up your ideas here and the staff will review and decide the winner.

Any questions, drop one of the admins a message.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

stitch702

Obsessed Member
This place will be 10 years old in October - and it's about time we do a little remodeling around here.

With a forum upgrade pending, it would ideal to get a new look and feel going.

So we decided to open this up to the members!

- The only requirement is that the blue in the state flag be present in the design.

- The contest will end on 2/18.

- The winner will get a free forum t-shirt!

Post up your ideas here and the staff will review and decide the winner.

Any questions, drop one of the admins a message.

:thumbsup:

I’m thinking the shape of Nevada in the background with the battle born symbol overlaying it and a pair of revolvers or civil war era firearms on each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoLasVegas

Not a new member
Any professional designer would charge a lot of money for a rebranding like this. Certainly much more than the value of a t-shirt. I don’t usually wear t-shirts so there really isn’t a ton of motivation for me to put in much time or effort.

I think you would get some better submissions if the prize was better. Just thinking out loud, but maybe a commercial sponsorship with top banner ad placement for some reasonable period of time would be a better incentive to get someone to work on this.

titanNV

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for your input.
I've had friends use https://www.fiverr.com/ and paid less than the cost of a tshirt for their logos - and they look great. But this is more of a fun thing than anything else I think. [MENTION=1]requiem[/MENTION] can speak more to that than I can.

SoLasVegas

Not a new member
Thanks for your input.
I've had friends use https://www.fiverr.com/ and paid less than the cost of a tshirt for their logos - and they look great. This is more of a fun thing than anything else I think. Requiem can speak more to that than I can.
That’s cool. My experience with fiverr was different. I was sold a logo that was someone else’s intellectual property. A quick google image search found the main portion of the design the “artist” sent me. If I had used that for my business I could have been sued. But worse than that, I would have wasted time and resources promoting a brand that I would have to change because I had no right to use it. Imagine if you spent money getting signs, business cards, t-shirts, vehicle wraps, etc and then had to scrap all that when someone’s lawyer sends you a cease and desist letter.

SoLasVegas

Not a new member
Luckily I caught it before any of that. I then spent a few hours looking at a bunch of different logo artists on fiverr and their past jobs. I reported DOZENS of them for copyright violations after finding the real creator of the content they had sold to other people.

Because of that, I don’t advise anyone to use fiverr for anything like this.