111-114 Antelope advice

HomeSkillet

Outdoors for the win
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Hi guys,

I finally drew my first antelope tag - Area 11, Horns shorter than ears, Sept 8 - 24 (Rifle). This will be my first time hunting antelope and I do have at least one scouting trip planned for late August. Would really appreciate any advice regarding their habits and perhaps a very general area that I can focus my scouting efforts.

I understand they tend to hit the water in the morning then run off to the valleys and foothills. Anything else worth noting? Also, is it worth it to check the guzzlers or will it be crowded with hunters and/or trail cameras?

Thank you in advance! If anyone needs information on Area 17 (archery, mule deer), feel free to send me a message.

Gary

HomeSkillet

Outdoors for the win
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
South of Kalamazoo creek road on the east side of the mountain. Plenty of open land and good camp spots. Road hunt and it is easy. Shorter than ears will mean you only find monsters!
Much appreciated. Thank you for the info! I will keep you posted on my scouting and hunting trip

Gary, no need to scout really. This is the Baker ranch properties tag right (114-115)?I've had that tag several times. Easy hunt. I have always put myself on the west side of the road heading south to Baker. They come through those hills every morning. Good luck and have fun! Nice campgrounds at Lehman caves.

HomeSkillet

Outdoors for the win
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Gary, no need to scout really. This is the Baker ranch properties tag right (114-115)?I've had that tag several times. Easy hunt. I have always put myself on the west side of the road heading south to Baker. They come through those hills every morning. Good luck and have fun! Nice campgrounds at Lehman caves.
Thank you for that! Yep, it's part of the Baker Ranch units. Thanks to you all I now have a few spots to check out

Much appreciated :)