• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

1911 Savvy Gunsmith in Henderson / Las Vegas Area Needed

Eltee

I have a Colt 1911 heavily modified by Tussey. Sadly, Tussey passed away recently (he was in the Reno / Sparks area) so I decided to find a 1911 gunsmith closer to home. I can't even field strip it for cleaning without tools but it IS a fine pistol that I love to shoot. My45.jpg

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Dave at The Gun Butler on West Flamingo Rd does a lot of 1911 work. If he can't do the race gun, I'd recommend Wild West Guns on Wynn Road, off West Russell Rd. They have a couple guys there that are really good with Open class 1911 race guns.

Last edited:

JTW_Jr

WheelGunner
I wonder if Burt Taylor is still doing any 1911 work ? Haven't ran into him in years. He did an Officers ACP for me , and also much of the work on a Para P14 I have ( that now has over 70K rounds thru it ).

WantaG18

Knew member
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Dave at The Gun Butler on East Flamingo Rd does a lot of 1911 work. If he can't do the race gun, I'd recommend Wild West Guns on Wynn Road, off East Russell Rd. They have a couple guys there that are really good with Open class 1911 race guns.

I get a West Flamingo address for Dave on Google maps.

6370 W Flamingo Rd suite 14-j, Las Vegas, NV 89103

And this address for Wild West

5225 Wynn Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89118

Closer to West Hacienda :)

Don't know if the address for Gun Butler is current but I thought he was on West side before.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Thank you for the correction. Both stores I recommended are on the west side. I was so good at navigation, I scored a 180.