• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

2011 hunt prospects

Xodius

Blaster of Birdies!
Looking forward in putting in for the 2011 season. This year I am going to apply for Elk, Mule, Bear (wife wont know about that one, lol), buy some points in Rams and Antelope. So...pretty much the whole gambit. Will probably put in as a group again this year. Hopefully we will not have any problems like last season. *crosses fingers*

joshuat

loving life at home
How much is the cost for all those and how many points do you get if you don't get picked? I'm thinking about putting in for all of those just for points since I can't hunt until I get home. Build up some points for next year you know what I mean.

vagabulla

How much is the cost for all those and how many points do you get if you don't get picked?
Since your active duty it's $9 for your license (which is required to apply), $15 to apply for Elk, every other species is $10 ea. Just apply for the bonus point only for each hunt you're interested in and you're set. huntnevada.com will walk you right through it when the application period opens next month.

vagabulla

Ok cool makes more sense to do it for the future. How long are the points good for?
As long as you apply AT LEAST every other year, you will continue to accumulate them until you decide to put in for an actual hunt and are successful in drawing a tag. If, however, you do not apply for two consecutive years you will lose your bonus points.

Xodius

Blaster of Birdies!
How much is the cost for all those and how many points do you get if you don't get picked? I'm thinking about putting in for all of those just for points since I can't hunt until I get home. Build up some points for next year you know what I mean.
Just a FYI, I saw a post by you in another topic about Lions, you don't have to "put in" for them. You just buy a tag out right. No draws for them. However, they are obviously a tad more sneaky/challenging than a Muley or Elk.