9 MM AR

I avoided the Glock mag lowers purely based on looks. Kinda silly because function is always greater than form in firearms but they just looked goofy. Hopefully the C5 lower runs well.

@juno how many rounds do you have on yours? Any issues?

Thanks.

juno

Full Blooded Ilocano
I avoided the Glock mag lowers purely based on looks. Kinda silly because function is always greater than form in firearms but they just looked goofy. Hopefully the C5 lower runs well.

@juno how many rounds do you have on yours? Any issues?

Thanks.
I have 400 rds of mixed 115 and 124’s so far. Just make sure to tighten and put loktite on the ramp and extractor screws. I dont have any issues at all. BTW KCI mags runs flawless.

SL Dangerous

Zombies aren't real
Forum Supporter
Instead of starting a new thread re: 9mm ARs I'll temporarily hijack this one hehe.

I picked up a stripped C-9 lower at NFA last week and am awaiting shipment/delivery of a lower parts kit with SB Tactical SBA3 pistol brace from PSA. My main reason in wanting a 9mm AR pistol is as a host for my still incarcerated AAC Ti-Rant 9M (today is day 139 woohoo). I'd debated SBRing my Scorpion Evo 3 carbine but having two Form 4s pending is enough hurry up and wait for me right now.

What barrel length should I be looking at for better accuracy but still keep heavier bullet weights subsonic? I have never shot 147gr ammo out of anything other than a Glock 19 so I'm unsure if longer barrels make 147gr go supersonic. For aesthetics I'd like to have a hand guard longer than the barrel so that the can is partially recessed in it (the can is 1.375" in diameter). I'm open to building or buying an upper if anyone knows of reasonably priced ones with an inside hand guard diameter that big. I like the ones NFA makes but that whole making it look purdy thing has ruled theirs out as the inside diameter of the hand guard is a tad too narrow.

gundamit

Super Duper Noob
Forum Supporter
Ar style 9mm are a ton of fun. No reason not to have one. Bought most of the parts from the fs forums here. Mines 4.5”barrel configured for glock mags.

Quick list:
NFA Lower
Dsg upper
Sba3 brace
Yhm handguard
Trijicon MRO
Bcm rail covers
Strike industries ch
Mil spec lpk
Kak spring and buffer(pistol)
Slr hand stop
Runs like a top with any ammo rnd nose or hp

Last edited:

Earthquake

Obsessed Member
I am collecting parts do build another 9mm AR, I like the looks of a 7 1/2"- 8 1/2" barrel, I got a deal on a Hahn mag well adapter [for $75 bucks + 2 mags!!!] I am going to use a 80% lower and what ever bolt and upper/float tube I can find. Its just going to be a shooter.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
Ar style 9mm are a ton of fun. No reason not to have one. Bought most of the parts from the fs forums here. Mines 4.5”barrel configured for glock mags.

Quick list:
NFA Lower
Dsg upper
Sba3 brace
Yhm handguard
Trijicon MRO
Bcm rail covers
Strike industries ch
Mil spec lpk
Kak spring and buffer(pistol)
Slr hand stop
Runs like a top with any ammo rnd nose or hp

I didn't want one...

I'm about to build mine. Do I need a special (weight) buffer?
If for any reason you decide to use a "standard"-length 9mm heavy buffer (like CMMG, others), you will need to put a spacer in your receiver extension.

Buffer Spacer - New Frontier Armory, LLC

Or you can just use $1.50 or $1.75 in quarters dropped into the bottom of the tube. Yes, it works.

That said, with the plethora of affordable 'extended' 9mm buffers on the market, there is no real reason to use one of the older standard-length ones.

One of my older builds still has some foreign currency of the appropriate size down in the end of the tube :)

Brider

CPAs do it by the numbers
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Just spring for a Sig MPX. The whole family loves mine, my 11 year old can hit center mass all day long with some decent distance. Mine has been flawless even cycles wallyworld Fed bulk 115 gr no prob.