• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

9mm Glock lowers?

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
Guido, will the assembled 9mm lower have a 9mm buffer and appropriate spring?
We will be using a carbine spring and buffer with a polymer spacer behind the spring.

The reason you use a longer buffer or a spacer on a 9mm AR is so on the last round bolt hold open, the bolt doesn't slam too hard into the bolt catch.

The bolt carrier is shorter on the 9mm, so you have to make up the difference somewhere. Many people just throw about $1.50 worth of quarters down their buffer tube before they insert the spring.

Rather than have people waste money on a specialized buffer that serves no purpose, we'll be manufacturing a polymer spacer that goes on the end of your buffer spring to restrict the excess rearward travel of the bolt.

Major

Battle Born
We will be using a carbine spring and buffer with a polymer spacer behind the spring.

The reason you use a longer buffer or a spacer on a 9mm AR is so on the last round bolt hold open, the bolt doesn't slam too hard into the bolt catch.

The bolt carrier is shorter on the 9mm, so you have to make up the difference somewhere. Many people just throw about $1.50 worth of quarters down their buffer tube before they insert the spring.

Rather than have people waste money on a specialized buffer that serves no purpose, we'll be manufacturing a polymer spacer that goes on the end of your buffer spring to restrict the excess rearward travel of the bolt.
Cool. Is this the setup you guys have been using? When will they be available? How much is the 9 mm bolt going to be?

Last edited:

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
We're hoping to get everything squeezed out by the end of the month or the first week of August. I've been putting up details and pics on our website as we firm them up and I'll be updating them often so keep checking there and be sure to join the waitlist on the products you're interested in.

Guido

Commercial Sponsor
Ok Guys, We're in the final stretch now! We have a few coming back from anodizing in the next day or two and we're waiting on some new stainless steel ejectors to be cut. Once we have them we'll be able to get these things out to market.

We're still waiting on some legal work to release the upper, but we will have 80%, Stripped anodized and Stripped "RAW" lowers within the next week.

As promised, I'll take care of our NV Shooters members first as always, so please PM me with the following information if you would like to be in the front of the line on these lowers:

PM me with:

FULL NAME:
E-MAIL ADDRESS:
PHONE NUMBER:
QTY 80%:
QTY Anodized Stripped:
QTY "RAW" Stripped:

Once I have this information you guys will get a call the minute we release them and you won't have to wait for the backlog to catch up.