Accurately price a used Glock??

nvlar15

They call him Bullwacker
Forum Supporter
What is the best method for pricing a used Glock? I want to sell my Glock 23 gen 3 here in the private sales forum, but the completed listings prices found on gunbroker are all over the board. How do you guys determine price so you don't screw yourself? Thanks!

***Updated***
Thanks for all the advice!

Last edited:
What is the best method for pricing a used Glock? I want to sell my Glock 23 gen 3 here in the private sales forum, but the completed listings prices found on gunbroker are all over the board. How do you guys determine price so you don't screw yourself? Thanks!
Start high and keep coming down until it sells.
its not like it is a rare gun take your purchase price and deduct 20 -30%

My experience, 9mm Glocks tend to hold value pretty well, .40 not as much. I would be shocked if you couldn't get $400-425 for your 23 with a few mags.

Dizzll

uber Member
Well brand new in case I buy Glocks for around $490 with blue labels. I've never been able to sell over $400, and never paid over $350 for a used one in Las Vegas. I don't know why anyone would. Even if you join GSSF, you get cheap pricing and shouldn't be paying a lot.

Not all of us get blue label so not really that relevant. Does your $490 include taxes also? The market is what it is and people pay $450 for a Gen 3 Glock 19 with a few mags and a holster perhaps.

Btw, I have $300 for anyway who wants to sell me a Glock 19.

Not all of us get blue label so not really that relevant. Does your $490 include taxes also? The market is what it is and people pay $450 for a Gen 3 Glock 19 with a few mags and a holster perhaps.

Btw, I have $300 for anyway who wants to sell me a Glock 19.
Blue Label is relevant because anyone can join GSSF and get Blue Label prices. Two year membership is $60 and you'll end up able to get two Blue Label (with 3 mags) for at least $100 off shelf price.

Blue Label is relevant because anyone can join GSSF and get Blue Label prices. Two year membership is $60 and you'll end up able to get two Blue Label (with 3 mags) for at least $100 off shelf price.
So for the average guy who has no interest in GSSF, he would pay $60 for membership plus $429 for the gun (my understanding is that is the price), plus about $35 in taxes. Another $25 if you don't have a CCW. Sorry, your math doesn't add up unless I am missing something? The $450 gently used G19/17 looks a better proposition to me.

$60 is for a two year membership. Two pistol purchases.

I never said there is equal value. I'm saying that there are programs that let anyone get a good deal on new glock. That's the price that needs to be compared when setting a price to sell a pistol, or when buying a new or used one.

My point is don't use a new retail price to compare.