• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Adios Attachments... find an image hosting service (UPDATED 8/8)

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
If the above is the case. let us post with out pics until it's figured out, pics on request. that's pretty easy.
Will you contribute $50/mo for the increased bandwidth? We'd be grateful, as would the other members. (y)

Otherwise, it is the same as before the upgrade. Just link your photo as before.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
My point was, loose the pics for now, With all due respect.
I don't understand the post in that is seems different from your last post.

If the above is the case. let us post with out pics until it's figured out, pics on request. that's pretty easy.
If want you mean is "lose the pics for now" then that has been done, until further notice.

Again one can still post pics, they just can't be uploaded to the forum. This is exactly the way it was on the old forum for about 9 years.

Also, moving these posts to the pertinent thread.

Thanks!

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I may have misread you. If you mean lose the requirement for the picture requirement in the Trading Post, that has not changed. It is still the requirement.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I don't understand the post in that is seems different from your last post.

If want you mean is "lose the pics for now" then that has been done, until further notice.

Again one can still post pics, they just can't be uploaded to the forum. This is exactly the way it was on the old forum for about 9 years.

Also, moving these posts to the pertinent thread.

Thanks!
I think he means..Drop the requirement for a pic in Trading Post ads.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I think he means..Drop the requirement for a pic in Trading Post ads.
Thanks. After rereading it, although the Trading Post wasn't mentioned, it made me think I needed to clarify.

Pics in Trading Post are required. Nothing has changed.

h8louzn

Active member (5.56mm)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Ok I see now i have to post my pics somewhere then link them here... No thank you!!

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
To clarify, the pic HOSTING has been turned off. You can't upload your picture to the thread. But you can link to where you have them hosted elsewhere, or you can
"img" tag them to appear here from where they are hosted elsewhere. That's the extent of my knowledge on pics. I'll be hosed, too, when I need to post a pic for something for sale, but I'll sit down and figure it out BEFORE I post the ad.

Glocksterpaulie

The Perfectionist
Forum Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Yeah this picture thing is a PITA. I finally used Tiny picture as some other members have mentioned. Kudos to you guys.

Last edited:

4x4Brit

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
An alternative would have been to limit the size. Or have the forum software downsample the image if that was an option?

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter

Hmmm! I still use Tinypic. A couple clicks and done.

And I am about the worst at understanding tech stuff! I don't know how to use an attachment or drop and drag.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
An alternative would have been to limit the size. Or have the forum software downsample the image if that was an option?
Not an effective solution, unfortunately. Wish it was.
Limited by software and bandwidth.

Same as the last 10 years.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
I hate stuff with new accounts and passwords. Too many now. Looked for something without either.

I tried a test with imgbb. It worked and no account or password required. Get a picture on your device, Go there, imgbb.com , upload your image, copy the link and paste in your post.

To look, folks just need to tap the link. Works ok.