• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Aguila Super Extra in Handguns

SixshooterSam

Making Automobiles Great Again
Promags are certainly hit or miss.

Aftermarket mags from Mec gar are certainly almost always good to go.

Magnum research mags that fit the PPQ are also good.
True, Mec Gar does make excellent mags. My Caniks all came with Mec Gars and they have been flawless. Come to think of it, doesn't Beretta use Mec Gar for their factory mags? If so, I'd have some of theirs then too.

Do any manufacturers come with Promags as their original equipment?

Mac, I'm not a 1911 guy.. my only 1911 remains my Remington R1S, and I don't recall having any malfunctions or issues with it so far, though I've probably only fired a thousand or so rounds through it at most. I know it will pain you to hear it, but I'm really not a fan of the 1911... 😱

garand_guy

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
The 44 Pro-Mag would be better if the tabs were bigger and if they advertised it as a 15 round or something. I can deal with the spring pressure to get the cartridges in, but repeatedly trying to get the cartridges to stack straight while holding those little numbs down is painful.

Felid'Maximus

Beware of Cat
Forum Supporter
True, Mec Gar does make excellent mags. My Caniks all came with Mec Gars and they have been flawless. Come to think of it, doesn't Beretta use Mec Gar for their factory mags? If so, I'd have some of theirs then too.
Beretta uses MDS for their factory mags, at least for the 92. I believe they may have used Mec-Gar at some point in the distant past but it has been MDS for the last 20 years or so anyway.

That said, while the MDS mags have no issues, I usually only use Mec-Gar mags in my Berettas because they will increase the capacity.

Mec-Gar 92 Compact magazine holds 15 while factory/MDS mag holds 13. Mec-Gar 92 full size mag holds 18 whereas factory holds 15. Mec-Gar 20 round mags stick out half an inch whereas Beretta factory 20 round mags stick out very far.

The only Beretta factory mags I use for the 92 are the 30 round MX4 mags.

My Kel-Tec P32 mags bought straight from Kel-Tec are marked Mec-Gar too. I'm a big fan of Mec-Gar.

Last edited: