• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ak build suggestions

utilitymoose

Obsessed Member
As the title says, I'm looking for some suggestions on a full size ak. I've built 3 before(all cheap surplus kits, fixed stocks, flat receivers) and I'm starting to get the itch to build another but want this one to be nice enough to want to keep(uncanted sights, decent wood, etc) any suggestions on parts or brands to stay away from? Last time I built one was about 5 years ago and some guidance, tips or any other reminders would be greatly appreciated

Military grade is military grade. Most US produced stuff is (poop). I have built over 200 of them in various calibers and setups. Get a rare one from Rguns and an 80% from recreator or childers.

utilitymoose

Obsessed Member
I ended up going with a Romanian matching numbers kit off of royal tiger and a flat from ak builder.... anyone have a flat bending die I could come over and use or they could bring on by? I really dont feel like blowing $200 on another one(bought one years ago and gave it to a friend who moved out of state)