AMMO PRICES

terdog

uber Member
I was at WallyWorld today, and looked at the ammo case (as I always do). Federal is my range ammo choice. I prefer brass cased but will buy steel or Aluminum to save a few bucks.
But wait ... what do I see?
Federal 115 BRASS is cheaper than Federal AL???
Thats right boys and girls. The 100 pack AL is $17.23 and the brass is $16.97.
Now, 26 cents aint gunna make or break the bank and don't amount to a hill of beans, BUT what dimensional shift has caused this?

JR3

living in Henderson NV
Our last range visit we used the FMJ 115 gr. Federal Aluminum cased stuff from Wally's for the first time.
Didn't want to dip into my brass ammo supply at home.
Many issues with FTF/jams with both handguns, SR9 and DB9FS. Both guns have run flawless with other ammo.
Maybe just a bad batch but....never use that stuff again.....
Sometimes saving a buck just isn't worth the hassle.
I prefer brass if possible. I have used other brands of aluminum and steel cased 9mm with no issues before.

terdog

uber Member
I had the same experience with some Winchester Steel Case. I literally had a FTE every rnd. This was in my DW Valkyrie 9mm and Kimber Micro 9. The GF's Micro had the same issue. I actually had to breakdown the gun to extract the case. Never had a problem using Tula Steel.

Yeah, I think they have a rollback going on Federal brass right now. I picked up a couple 200 round boxes they had for $33 and change (can't remember exact price) and it's normally $37+. Beats the best deals you can find on the web right now.

Also, whatever happened to Blazer aluminum case stuff? They pioneered it didn't they? I remember shooting alot of it back in the 90's and don't remember any issues with them.

Also, whatever happened to Blazer aluminum case stuff? They pioneered it didn't they? I remember shooting alot of it back in the 90's and don't remember any issues with them.
I used to shoot Blazer all the time in the 1980's never had a problem with it, must say it was a tad dirty, but it was cheap plinking/practice ammo

terdog

uber Member
My son was bustin my chops that he got 1 of those 200 rnd packs and he didn't have to wait for his ammo to come in the mail. :poop:

Palmetto had/ has some WWB 124 brass for $8.99. Buy 20 and get free shipping. Thats good enough for me.