• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Another addiction . . . I mean addition!

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
It's @7.62 (Dave's) fault! He wanted his old one back, and it left a hole in the safe! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Coup d'etat

Hello Clarice, did you miss me?
I had a Norinco back in the 80's, bought it new just before the ban. I changed all the springs to GI spec, and had a Springfield bolt fitted. Got a USGI mount and put a scope on it.
It would only shoot zero if cold. Once it started warming up it would walk across the target. I sold it.
I could never afford a "real" M1A.

Coup

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I had a Norinco back in the 80's, bought it new just before the ban. I changed all the springs to GI spec, and had a Springfield bolt fitted. Got a USGI mount and put a scope on it.
It would only shoot zero if cold. Once it started warming up it would walk across the target. I sold it.
I could never afford a "real" M1A.

Coup
I just bought this one. Never said I could afford it! :)

Christmas funding is gonna be a little tight this year!

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Nice Bob, preban bedded National Match.........sweet. I was really surprised that Joey didn’t like that M1A even after the barrel change. I was so happy to get it back ! He doesn’t remember shooting them when he was younger and had like 10 to choose from...LOL.

He was like give me a Garand !

So I guess it worked out, me trading it for a Winchester Garand, which was huge bucket list for me. Sadly I got news that I’ll probably be in a wheelchair, scooter before the end of 2020 and my shooting days are over.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
So I guess it worked out, me trading it for a Winchester Garand, which was huge bucket list for me. Sadly I got news that I’ll probably be in a wheelchair, scooter before the end of 2020 and my shooting days are over.
WTF???????

Coup d'etat

Hello Clarice, did you miss me?
So what's up with being in a scooter for ever? I'm supposed to be in a scooter but I'm fighting it tooth and nail. I force myself to walk, even with the pain.
I don't want to end up at Walmart at 4:00 am in a scooter, and weighing over 400 pounds, looking for Ritz crackers.

Coup

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Being in a wheelchair, if that happens, won't stop you from shooting, or pretty much anything else you set your mind to.

One of my Dad's best friends, our "Uncle Jack" when we were kids, took a bullet in the spine in Korea at the Frozen Chosin, spent the rest of his life in a wheel chair, and still hunted deer, elk, etc, and fished, and shot trap and skeet weekly.

We kids used to fight over who got to push him around, because he was one of those "never give up" types, positive attitude, and he always had something to teach us.

Shooting tips, fishing tips, working on cars (he loved hot rods), you name it, being that chair slowed him down slightly, but it sure as hell didn't stop him.

If it happens to you, don't let it stop you either.
In the mean time, do what you can to prepare for it, and do all that you can to prevent it from happening.