• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Any SPRINGFIELD XD MOD 2 owners?

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Looking for feedback on these.

Also, do the original XD mags work in the Mod 2?

And same holster?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My input.

No complaints. Love mine. Just don't shoot it that often... XD Mod2 3.3" sub-compact .45. (<1K rds through it.)

The 45 Mod 2 extended 13rd mags with the spacer removed works perfect in a full size XD .45 so "assuming" the reverse will work. Never tried.

I'm 98% certain the XDm service varients of 9mm (19rd) and XD Mod2 service varients of 9mm (16rd) magazines are not interchangeable. But the older XD series uses 16rd mags so maybe they will work in the Mod2.

Not sure if any of that helped...

Tom

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
My input.

No complaints. Love mine. Just don't shoot it that often... XD Mod2 3.3" sub-compact .45. (<1K rds through it.)

The 45 Mod 2 extended 13rd mags with the spacer removed works perfect in a full size XD .45 so "assuming" the reverse will work. Never tried.

I'm 98% certain the XDm service varients of 9mm (19rd) and XD Mod2 service varients of 9mm (16rd) magazines are not interchangeable. But the older XD series uses 16rd mags so maybe they will work in the Mod2.

Not sure if any of that helped...

Tom
Thanks.

I used to have a sub compact version and, with the plastic spacer on a full size XD mag, they fit just fine. I miss that gun. I sold it twice! But I'd buy it back again if my buddy who has it now were to give me the deal I gave him - which is the same deal a fellow NS member and friend gave it to me for.. Yes that was long winded... :smile5:

And I do remember the XDm mags being different than the original XD. Just wasn't sure about the original XD to XD Mod 2 "upgrade". And when looking for holsters for a Mod 2, wondering if they are the same as the original XD.

I guess I could go to XD talk or another board to find out if I had to.

The mags work. My mod2 is a full size 4", my original xd is a sub compact. They can both use the same 16 rounders. Not sure about holsters, I only have IWB holsters for the sub compact. I'm pretty sure they'll work if I widen the bottom of the kydex. XDM mags don't work on either though.