• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Anyone carry the Lehigh Defense .380 rounds?

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
Looks like they're making two rounds now, a 65 grain and 90 grain. The 65 is quicker but dumps it's energy much quicker with a much wider wound channel. The 90 gets some pretty extreme penetration with a broad wound channel as well. Underwood offers it in a hotter load at 1100 fps than the Lehigh version which runs up to around 900 fps in the 90 grain round.

The host of the Military Arms Channel was so impressed that it's going to his EDC load for his .380. They also make the rounds for larger calibers as well. At around $30 a box of 20 it's not inexpensive but cost shouldn't matter with your EDC round.

I've watched several reviews and just haven't seen anything negative from anyone. The factory said they had some FTL issues with the Kahr but that's about it.

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
I carry them in a g-42 do they make them in 45acp? if so, why?
Not sure if they make it in a .45. I saw video with the 9mm in the heavier round (Penetrator) and it traveled 35" into ballistic gel! That's why they developed the lighter weight 'Defense' round with a slightly different tip design, it dispels the energy sooner and only penetrated 27" into the gel.

A .45ACP seems like it would penetrate into the next zip code in comparison.

LASCHRIS

"Life is hard enough. It's harder when your stupid
One of these in a .45 would make it a death ray. Collateral damage does comes to mind More chewed meat in the criminal? Who cares if you meet the requirements for use of deadly force? With all the mentally ill arming themselves, I am advocating two shots to thorax and one to the melon. 45 of any style of bullet will meet that mark. 22, 380, 9, 40 and others, will also do the job quickly if proper bullet placement is achieved. How do we do that? Train. Personally, I prefer the triple tap at 21'. WWJWD? Improvise, adapt, and overcome. I am going to try CCW with a Moonie 45acp. Let see how it goes.

Last edited:

JohnnyK

"My name is NOT Johnny!"
Forum Supporter
https://www.venturamunitions.com/ventura-tactical-380-acp-68gr-maximum-expansion-ammo-20-rounds/
Not sure if they make it in a .45. I saw video with the 9mm in the heavier round (Penetrator) and it traveled 35" into ballistic gel! That's why they developed the lighter weight 'Defense' round with a slightly different tip design, it dispels the energy sooner and only penetrated 27" into the gel.

A .45ACP seems like it would penetrate into the next zip code in comparison.
Of course they do! And it's a +P load!

https://www.venturamunitions.com/ventura-tactical-45-acp-200gr-xtreme-penetrator-ammo-20-rounds/