Anyone know a reasonable price FFL dealer in Pahrump? Like $25 bucks

I just used Master At Arms gun-shop in Pahrump; the FFL transfer fee on their website is $45. I was actually charged $50, did not get an explanation when I asked why there was a difference in fee price. Actual experience of weapon delivery and pickup went exactly as what I expected it to be, it was hassle free and prompt.

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
State wide. Basically anything you buy from a business is taxed. They just singled out guns and are starting to put pressure on all online sales.
But if your transfers are private party then no tax is collected (at least at honest stores)

nevadashooter

Las Vegas, Nevada
State wide. Basically anything you buy from a business is taxed. They just singled out guns and are starting to put pressure on all online sales.
But if your transfers are private party then no tax is collected (at least at honest stores)

Looks like I'm moving
Thanks all

I paid sales tax on the firearm recently sent to FFL in Pahrump; the only difference (savings) would be to choose a FFL in an area with the lowest sales tax.

I'm looking to transfer some guns in and really don't want to pay that new Vegas tax thing
When you are in Vegas try M-13 Industries at 3455 S Polaris Ave Ste 5 Las Vegas NV 89102 Tel.No. 702 4208708. Last time I had firearms transferred from my on-line purchases they only charge $20 for up to three firearms. Did not also charge sales tax on second hand items. That was last summer. Call them up for an update. It might be worth your trip.

Tax Bulletin SUT 15-0001 Issue Date: January 26, 2015 Taxation of Interstate Retail Sales of Firearms

B. Taxability When Person Making the Sale is Not a Retailer

The statute provides an exemption for a sale by a person that is not a retailer. If the firearm is obtained from a person making an occasional sale there are no sales or use taxes due. An occasional sale is a sale by a person who has made two or fewer retail sales of tangible personal property during any 12-month period. NRS 372.320.

Last edited:

nevadashooter

Las Vegas, Nevada
When you are in Vegas try M-13 Industries at 3455 S Polaris Ave Ste 5 Las Vegas NV 89102 Tel.No. 702 4208708. Last time I had firearms transferred from my on-line purchases they only charge $20 for up to three firearms. Did not also charge sales tax on second hand items. That was last summer. Call them up for an update. It might be worth your trip.

Tax Bulletin SUT 15-0001 Issue Date: January 26, 2015 Taxation of Interstate Retail Sales of Firearms

B. Taxability When Person Making the Sale is Not a Retailer

The statute provides an exemption for a sale by a person that is not a retailer. If the firearm is obtained from a person making an occasional sale there are no sales or use taxes due. An occasional sale is a sale by a person who has made two or fewer retail sales of tangible personal property during any 12-month period. NRS 372.320.
Thank you sir

Cool cuz if I had to pay tax, I'd just buy Jackson guitars off my ebay watch list out of spite and be done with it. I don't have to have the cool hunting rifles off gunbroker. I refuse to be extorted out of money from this city of greed. The day I moved here 20 years ago, everyone looked at me like I was an ATM machine.

Last edited:
Thank you sir

Cool cuz if I had to pay tax, I'd just buy Jackson guitars off my ebay watch list out of spite and be done with it. I don't have to have the cool hunting rifles off gunbroker. I refuse to be extorted out of money from this city of greed. The day I moved here 20 years ago, everyone looked at me like I was an ATM machine.
(y)
:D

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Emmalee's Guns and Emporium in Pahrump, out on Janet Lane, $20 transfer charge, and per the law, they only charge the sales tax on a sale from a retailer, not a private party from another state sale, our sales tax in Nye County is only 7.6 percent, 1% lower than Clark county.

Be sure when having a firearm shipped from some source out of state like when you buy one through Gun Broker, that they include a separate invoice for just the shipping charges, that way you don't get charged the sales tax on the shipping too.

Emmalee's is only open Thursday through Sunday, Master at Arms is open Monday through Saturday. On the other hand, I have had Master at Arms receive a shotgun I bought at a Gunbroker auction on Monday, and not let me pick it up until the following Thursday because they were too busy to enter it into their books any sooner.

If Bonnie at Emmalee's gets it on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, you get a phone call within an hour or so of her receiving it and you can go pick it up immediately.

Both the above shops are owned by long time friends of mine, but Master at Arms has the higher overhead, bigger inventory to deal with, larger daily shipments of goods received to inventory and check in, etc. so your wait time and costs are higher there.

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
I've only paid the $25 transfer fee at NFA a few times. Most of the time I just buy a gun to cancel it out because it makes sense to spend $400 to save $25!

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
My FFl refuses to collect the tax. I really hope that it doesn't bite him in the tailend.
It could, the state could demand an accounting and impose penalties for not collecting it , and under the new governor that could, make that probably will happen.

terdog

uber Member
how would the state go about that? DPS? Demanding his records would not give a value of any firearms ... just that there was a transfer. Hmmmm

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I've only paid the $25 transfer fee at NFA a few times. Most of the time I just buy a gun to cancel it out because it makes sense to spend $400 to save $25!
You do know an AR lower also counts as a “gun” right? Or at least it did last time I had a transfer.