anyone tried the Ruger GP100 .44 special 3 inch

Never shot that particular gun but .44 specials are held in high regard and those that have them love them. The older S&W 24/624 are a highly sought after gun. That should be a fun one you could shoot all day without it being painful. I assume you reload or it will be expensive to feed. Congrats on the purchase.

TJ11

uber n00b
.44 GP100

It's a five shooter so a medium size package. I have a .44 S&W Mag. and really like the round but the thing is big. This should be easy to pack on horseback or hiking where there could be hungry critters bigger than me. :thumbsup:

Warboar

uber Member
I Just ordered one of these 3" five shooters in .44 special.

Opinions ?

The first ones they released had all kinds of problems. It seems Ruger fixed the issues and now the newer ones do not have the problems.

With that said i'm not a fan of 44 anything so I won't be picking one up.

TJ11

uber n00b
The first ones they released had all kinds of problems. It seems Ruger fixed the issues and now the newer ones do not have the problems.

With that said i'm not a fan of 44 anything so I won't be picking one up.
Thank you for the negative opinion. It's always good to get a lot of views either way. I bet you like the 9mm with a 50 round magazine.

rabbitrex44

mr practicality
Nice wheel gun perfect for plinking and carrying out and about. Love the 44 especially the 44spl. Easy to reload and cast for and you won't have to worry about hurting the gun rugers are tough.

Could you cite some specifics on this??? I was interested in buying one as well but would like to hear more about the problems... thanks
There were fitment issues of the sights, sights were not lined properly, cylinder gaps, and the cylinder throats were seriously undersized.

You're welcome on the heads up.

And for the record I prefer 45 Colt over the 429 spl or 429 magnum
Hey genius what on earth is a 429 magnum ? :thumbsup:

All in all I'm very pleased with the 3" .44 special. Granted the fit and finish isn't up to S&W custom shop but then it's didn't cost $1500+ and it will do the job it was bought for well.

Hey genius what on earth is a 429 magnum ? :thumbsup:

All in all I'm very pleased with the 3" .44 special. Granted the fit and finish isn't up to S&W custom shop but then it's didn't cost $1500+ and it will do the job it was bought for well.

Looks like Dusty answered your question.

Ruger makes a very nice Revolver. I have several and always looking to add to the collection. Next one most likely will be the 10MM/40S&W Blackhawk.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Looks like Dusty answered your question.

Ruger makes a very nice Revolver. I have several and always looking to add to the collection. Next one most likely will be the 10MM/40S&W Blackhawk.
I have their other convertibles (22LR/22MAG, 9mm/357 Mag and 45 Colt/45 ACP). Pretty cool concept and execution. I guess I didn't know they had a 10mm/40 but I don't shoot either of those calibers so it wouldn't be for me.

I have their other convertibles (22LR/22MAG, 9mm/357 Mag and 45 Colt/45 ACP). Pretty cool concept and execution. I guess I didn't know they had a 10mm/40 but I don't shoot either of those calibers so it wouldn't be for me.
I have a 7.5" Blackhawk in 45 Colt, a 5.5" stainless Bisley in 45 Colt, a 4-5/8" 45 Colt/45 ACP Convertible, and a 45 ACP 3.5" Talo Birdshead Vaquero.

I shoot 40 and 10MM in Auto pistols and having a Revolver that shoots both seems like another good idea to me.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
I shoot 40 and 10MM in Auto pistols and having a Revolver that shoots both seems like another good idea to me.
That's exactly why I got the 9mm and 45 convertibles. Helps with reloading too. :thumbsup: