• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Appoved for first NFA item... it begins

Got it in my head last month I needed some NFA stuff. Found silencershop, and the local shop NFA.. next thing I know it goes from a good idea to 48 hours later I've bought two suppressors and submitted a form 1 to make a SBR.

I'm stunned that within three weeks of submitting the Form 1 (even doing the fingerprints myself) I just got emailed the SBR approval! I'm assuming they will send me a hard copy that I need to wait for before doing assembly? Now looking for an engraver and ordering the parts to complete the lower (aleady have a 11.5 inch PWS upper).

NFA process is too complicated, but have to say, wish I had not waited this long. Particularly knowing I will be waiting for the suppressors for a long time. However, I will be form 1'ing anything and everything I can get my hands on.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
but have to say, wish I had not waited this long.
That, right there, is a common sentiment among folks I personally know with NFA items. Most were later adopters that wish they had not waited so long. Once you've been bitten, the rest is all down hill :)

And, yes, the NFA process is stupid and entirely too long. It could be improved, substantially, (or done away with entirely) but ignorance, fear, and politicians keep it from being done.

Got it in my head last month I needed some NFA stuff. Found silencershop, and the local shop NFA.. next thing I know it goes from a good idea to 48 hours later I've bought two suppressors and submitted a form 1 to make a SBR.

I'm stunned that within three weeks of submitting the Form 1 (even doing the fingerprints myself) I just got emailed the SBR approval! I'm assuming they will send me a hard copy that I need to wait for before doing assembly? Now looking for an engraver and ordering the parts to complete the lower (aleady have a 11.5 inch PWS upper).

NFA process is too complicated, but have to say, wish I had not waited this long. Particularly knowing I will be waiting for the suppressors for a long time. However, I will be form 1'ing anything and everything I can get my hands on.
If you efiled the form 1 (I assume you did due to the short wait time), then you don’t need to wait on a physical copy. You can print it out from the efile portal online. They won’t send you a physical stamp like they will with your form 4s for the suppressors.