• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ar barrel nut removal

tbugher62

Guido,How much do you charge to remove a barrel nut on a stripped ar barrel/reciever,and then install another nut.

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
We have a min shop fee of $35 for upper work.

It sounds high, but its not because of the liability we have when we touch things other people have assembled. (I'm not saying this is the same thing, but....) Many times we're the last resort after people have hacked away and damaged things and even some uppers we see come out of the bigger mfg's were slapped together improperly so there's always a risk we take messing with it and things could possibly get damaged which we would replace, etc, etc.

If you'd like to get your moneys worth out of the $35 bring the muzzle device and rail system and we'll get everything installed properly at one shot.

tbugher62

Mine is a factory New Colt 6920,I simply stripped the barrel to ease in removing the nut.

Thelittlegreenguy

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Mine is a factory New Colt 6920,I simply stripped the barrel to ease in removing the nut.
I think your use of the word "stripped" may have caused some confusion..

I take it you mean you have removed items from the barrel..

Where Guido ( and myself when I first read this ) took stripped to mean the threads on the barrel nut or the upper receiver..

tbugher62

LOL,Yeah sorry I mean removed flash hider,front sight block,hand guard.I will have NFA put it back together as soon as my new low profile gas block come's in the mail.

tbugher62

I love NFA,but I just decided that with my own tool's,I could change the barrel's myself whenever I felt the need.Also with your own tool's you actually have something to show for the money spent.

tbugher62

Head space will be checked,however the gun is a brand new unfired Colt 6920 and the barrel will not be removed just the nut.