• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Are there really any major differences in a lower parts kit?

edwillia

uber n00b
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I have used NFA triggerless lower parts kits without any issues and if you did happen to have one, you can go to the NFA store in North Las Vegas if you happen to be in Las Vegas and I am sure they will help you.

Mr. B

Curmudgeon In Training
As someone who assembled many rifles using "bargain basement"/"lowest bidder" parts during my military career, here's my suggestion:

If you (or you and a friend or two) are doing multiple builds, get an extra LPK. This allows you to mix-and-match parts to get the best fit.

Since retiring, I've assembled a couple of dozen ARs from stripped lowers, and helped friends with their builds, and having those extra parts to swap out when some don't fit (part A may be within tolerances on one end of the scale, while part B is within tolerances on the other end of the scale, but together they are out of spec) has been a huge help - and has allowed me to have some ARs that have what feel like upgraded triggers.

The worst problem I encountered was a brand name lower that a friend was having trouble with, where it turned out that the pin holes were just a tad too large, so the pins were walking out, so after trying about four different pins, he went with one of those after market pin retaining systems.

flintlock

Obsessed Member
I am building my AR on a budget. I did get a Rise 140 drop in trigger, but got the least expensive LPK I could find. Everything worked fine except to the safety selector. It doesn't click into the fire position, just kinda slides in. So I will be replacing that part with a more expensive one. I also used screw in pins where ever I could instead of the roll pins.
If there is anything about a lower LPK kit you use, that you don't like or doesn't work, there are plenty of individual parts replacements you can get. Or if you want to just dress up the lower.

Last edited:

Earthquake

Obsessed Member
I just used a couple of those new Anderson LPK's with stainless hammer and trigger, every thing come in fitted plastic trays and in a fancy cardboard box. They were OK but the trigger pull is pretty heavy and they have a bobbed hammer kinda like a 9mm Colt hammer. I also used some KAK LPK's that were "Mil-Spec", They did come with "Enhanced" trigger guards in the bag.

eQ

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
My current go to when it's in stock: https://www.primaryarms.com/sionics...ers-kit-ambi-safety-no-grip-fcg-trigger-guard

I always switch out trigger, grip and trigger guard so these are perfect for me. Good mil-spec quality from a reputable company for a fair price imo. The ambi safety is the icing on the cake.

I generally use a similar kit (no FCG, no trigger guard, no grip) from DPMS. No need for those three components. I always swap them out as well. The added ambi safety on the Sionics kit you linked is a nice bonus. May need to pick one of those kits up next time.

ducker

Lock and Load
I generally use a similar kit (no FCG, no trigger guard, no grip) from DPMS. No need for those three components. I always swap them out as well. The added ambi safety on the Sionics kit you linked is a nice bonus. May need to pick one of those kits up next time.

Sucks being a lefty shopping for lpk, haha. I throw out the mag release, safety, and normally upgrade the takedown pins/ fcg/ grip/trigger guard. Wish a company would sell a bare bones lpk with only the little stuff.

gixxer760

Domestic Terrorist aka pa
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter