• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Area 110 early Buck hunt

went to area 110 to buck hunt this year.

Went for three days(four but go tup there late) found nothing until the last hunt on sunday morning. Dad spotted a buck on the hill and it ranged 367 yards at about a 34-40 degree incline. Put the .243 away and pulled out the 7mm rem mag one shot buck didnt even make a step. Round entered though the base of the neck exiting the mid. enjoy the pics

can you see the buck?(camera is maxed zoomed)

the buck

bullet entrance

can you see the truck?

thanks!

Last edited:

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Yah, I can't see the buck at all. Good shootin'!

HOGNUTS

Obsessed Member
congrats

Good shooting...that is awesome...Nice Buck. I had looked on here the other day and somehow missed the post. Congrats.

HOGNUTS

Obsessed Member
Meat

thanks guys

now i have to get pics of the meat locker and how much meat came off this boy
Just got my deer and elk meat back from the montana trip tonight (my father-in-law picked it up for me) Havent tried the steaks yet...I was starving when I got home from shooting with Vegas 50 and I had a few of the brats...they were awesome. The deer jerky is also awesome!!! I will throw some in the range bag next time I am out so the crew can try some...good eats!:thumbup:

i need to get a picture up from my cooler. one deer filled one cooler basically pretty awesome... Thanks hognuts! ill most definitly trade you some jerky for my smoked meat!

Xodius

Blaster of Birdies!
Great job! We may go this weekend. Wife got the go ahead from Doc so maybe, just maybe we will head out there too. :XD:

HOGNUTS

Obsessed Member
smoked meat

i need to get a picture up from my cooler. one deer filled one cooler basically pretty awesome... Thanks hognuts! ill most definitly trade you some jerky for my smoked meat!
smoked meat for jerked meat? Is this a craigslist personal ad...lmao:lol:

Good shooting man! Awesome buck!

iweb

Ham Radio Operator
Forum Supporter
2021 Supporter
Nice shooting and nice buck!

Last deer I shot was a forked horn at about 100 FEET, was sitting in my truck drinking coffee high up in the mountains above Ely, saw the monster buck in my mirror, got out, loaded up, and one shot to the neck. Kinda the same story as yours!

Mikes_Z06_vette

GLORIFIED LACKEY
Forum Supporter
dang! that's a lot of meat!!! congrats...

I have never went out hunting yet, and so after you shot the sucker down, how do you haul that thing? or where do you skin it? raise em up on the tree? skin it on the ground? they gotta weigh atleast a buck twenty right? do you just leave the insides at the spot? do you bury it? is there any regulations? etc. thanks

this one weigh over 2 hundred...estimated guess but father and i couldnt lift him off the ground. There are 5 ways to skin a deer that i know how to do. I'm going to list them in order of my favorite to least. But generally removal of the gut sack at the kill shot and then hanging in your camp is the most common.

1 de-boning and cooler
2 truck and tree method(uses a golf ball and steel cable)
3 hang and skin
4 sectioning and cooler
5 put the whole deer in your truck (guts and all) and deliever it to your butcher. *have seen this done (i haven't) person was a grade A tard.

there are probably a bunch of explantion and ways but there allready write up so use ur google-fu! if you want an indepth walk though pm me and we can meet up and discuss it

Mikes_Z06_vette

GLORIFIED LACKEY
Forum Supporter
this one weigh over 2 hundred...estimated guess but father and i couldnt lift him off the ground. There are 5 ways to skin a deer that i know how to do. I'm going to list them in order of my favorite to least. But generally removal of the gut sack at the kill shot and then hanging in your camp is the most common.

1 de-boning and cooler
2 truck and tree method(uses a golf ball and steel cable)
3 hang and skin
4 sectioning and cooler
5 put the whole deer in your truck (guts and all) and deliever it to your butcher. *have seen this done (i haven't) person was a grade A tard.

there are probably a bunch of explantion and ways but there allready write up so use ur google-fu! if you want an indepth walk though pm me and we can meet up and discuss it
thanks bro... i'll research more to which is more easier etc. etc.

none of it is easy. first time is the worst experience ever...at least for me. But you do get the hang of it and becomes pretty cool. The real challenge is trying to butcher the meat with any type of skill haha