average price for .380 ammo in LV?

JR3

living in Henderson NV
considering a trade of handguns. On the fence about .380's

Not sure if I want to add another caliber to ammo I need to stock.

What is the going rate in Hendo./Las Vegas for .380 ammo?
More than likely it would be 1 or 2 50 rnd. boxes at a time.
I've never even paid attention to the cost of .380 ammo so I am completely clueless.
I don't reload so I am looking for new factory loaded ammo.

Is it really that much more than 9mm? Harder to find?

BTW..one of the guns up for consideration is a Sig P230.

Mooman76

Obsessed Member
I picked up a 380 about a year ago and was surprised at how much it cost compared to 9mm. I know it's a price and demand thing but didn't think it would be more than a couple bucks. I reload so not a big factor to me but I still needed brass to reload.

Anyway it depends on what you want or how picky you are about what you want. It's not hard to find but not as much selection as more popular rounds. Most of it is upwards and close to $20 a box of 50. The cheaper aluminum rounds are around $14 or $15. If you go somewhere like Sportsmans that has a fair selection usually one or another is marked down or on sale so you can expect to pay between $15 and $20 depending on brand. That's the price for plain jacketed rounds. That's all I go since I was just wanting cheap shooting ammo so I don't know what the more exotic stuff costs. Watch for sales and it isn't priced too bad.

Teresa

uber Member
considering a trade of handguns. On the fence about .380's

Not sure if I want to add another caliber to ammo I need to stock.

What is the going rate in Hendo./Las Vegas for .380 ammo?
More than likely it would be 1 or 2 50 rnd. boxes at a time.
I've never even paid attention to the cost of .380 ammo so I am completely clueless.
I don't reload so I am looking for new factory loaded ammo.

Is it really that much more than 9mm? Harder to find?

BTW..one of the guns up for consideration is a Sig P230.
Sig p230 is nice, one of the best 380's, but honestly 380 is a pain in the ass, it was a must in the 90's before the 9mm subcompacts. But now, the ammo is expensive, hard to find, doesn't always function really well, and now the 9mm's are the same size, I'd take a 9mm over it. Ever time I look for 380 ammo, I'm like why the F* am I bothering, this is such a pain. But that is just my experience.

JR3

living in Henderson NV
Thanks for the replies.

The gun would be used as a range toy and very limited concealed carry.

I've been looking online at prices and they seem to vary between half to twice as much as comparable fmj 9mm ammo.

I was thinking of trading my Sig Mosquito .22 for the Sig P230

On further investigation, and discussion with the wife, I think we'll just keep the .22LR and buy a PT111 G2 9mm as a occasional conceal carry gun.

Teresa

uber Member
Thanks for the replies.

The gun would be used as a range toy and very limited concealed carry.

I've been looking online at prices and they seem to vary between half to twice as much as comparable fmj 9mm ammo.

I was thinking of trading my Sig Mosquito .22 for the Sig P230

On further investigation, and discussion with the wife, I think we'll just keep the .22LR and buy a PT111 G2 9mm as a occasional conceal carry gun.
Ur way better off with that decision, I've got a SCCY as mine, similar gun to pt111. Trust me, 9mm a lot easier to deal with them a 380, a nano is a nice little gun like a 380, but in 9mm.

stitch702

Recovering Gunaholic
Forum Supporter
Walmart had 300 rounds for $70. Not sure if that's a good price since I don't shoot .380

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk