• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AZ JITB anti-gun????

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
This morning, I did a one mile walk from this RV Park to the local Jack-In-The-Box for my Xmas breakfast. I connected to their wireless inside, using this computer. I then decide to check out this forum ("Nevada Shooters"). I then get a message that reads something like this:

"This website is blocked because it is a violation of JITB's web policy--reason: Gun sales possible".

Not the exact same words, as I do not remember them. But above is the same meaning of the words that I did read.

And this is Arizona. Not the type of BS I would expect here.

-Don- Yuma, AZ

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I'm sure it's a corporate-wide policy the locals have no control over.
I just checked and found the problem. Their decisions come from CA:

"Jack in the Box Headquarters 9330 Balboa Ave. San Diego, CA 92123 Phone Number: The Jack in the Box headquarters phone number is 1-858-571-2121. "

-Don- Yuma, AZ

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Oh crap.. laschris may get his wish for me to stop eating Jack In The Box after all. I'll have to look into that to see what their corporate policy is on guns.
And I was liking the JITB here. Open 24 hours, never closed, dine in, breakfast served anytime. All was fine until I decided to check this forum using their wireless instead of my own portable V W/L hotspot.

The Mc Donald's that I went to here in Yuma is not open for inside dining and they have no place to eat outside.

You and I have something in common. We both often go to fast food places, but me, only for breakfast. I normally eat inside, as I usually either walk or ride there regardless if here, Auburn or Reno. And use this computer as I am finishing their large coffee.

Today, I had their breakfast combo number 29.

-Don- Yuma, AZ (70F and sunny here today--72F for tomorrow)

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I just now did a copy and paste and switched to my own wi-fi. Here are the exact words:

FortiGuard Web Filtering

Web Page Blocked!
You have tried to access a web page which is in violation of your internet usage policy.

URL: http://www.nevadashooters.com/account/alerts
Category: Weapons (Sales)

To have the rating of this web page re-evaluated please click here.

-Don- Yuma, AZ

Everyone should be using a VPN on public Wi-Fi anyway. Pay for it better yet make your own.
People need to read this again.

Otherwise, you are giving all of your connection information to the router at the public hotspot. All programs running in the back ground and what you have e to sync over wifi. All accounts and passwords are open for any compromised router.

tdyoung58

Grumpy Old Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Every time I've ever eaten at a JITB I've felt the name "Jack In The Loo" would have better summed up the experience

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
What is the difference between an egg (or whatever) from JITB compared to an egg from your local grocery store?
You’d be surprised....

Eggs, Scrambled
Whole Eggs, 19.0% Water, Egg Whites, Contains less than 2% of the following: Salt, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Annatto (color), Butter Flavor (Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavors, Medium Chain Triglycerides). Citric Acid added to preserve color. Grilled with Butter Flavored Vegetable Oil.
Contains Egg, Milk, Soy

https://assets.ctfassets.net/a9odgs...gredient_and_Allergen_Statements_12_10_20.pdf

DonTom

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Wow. I actually "liked" one of your posts. Amazing!
That's just the start. After I have you all straightened out on every issue, you will then like every one of my posts!

BTW, I just got back from my mile walk to JITB. I tried their new:

"Stacked Bagel Sandwich: Two sausage patties, two freshly cracked eggs, two slices of ham and two slices of melted American cheese all sandwiched between a toasted bagel."

It does not yet have a number, too new, I guess.

But it was extra good, and very filling. My new favorite from any of the fast food joints.

If you get over their anti gun nonsense on their free wireless, give it a try!

-Don- in 70F Yuma, AZ