• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Basic Rifle class September 3rd, Clark County shooting park

Basic rifle class
Saturday, September 3rd, 2011
Clark County shooting park, N. Las Vegas
Educational center 100 yard range
5:30 pm - 10:00 pm

This class will focus on the fundamental skills of rifle use as a civilian survival and self defense tool, i.e, delivering rapid hits on target from field positions and keeping your gun running.

Bring what you've got: AK, AR, Mosin, lever gun, deer rifle; any functional rifle in any caliber up to .300 Win mag is welcome. (Pistol caliber carbines and .22s are fine as well.)

Topics covered will include fundamentals of rifle handling and marksmanship, shooting positions, introduction to ballistics, and how to zero a rifle.

This class will serve both new shooters and the more experienced who want to "tune up" or get familiar with a new rifle.

Equipment required:
Rifle with sling (standard two point "carry strap" is fine)
Two magazines (or appropriate en bloc or stripper clips)
Minimum 50 rounds of ammo, semi-auto/carbine shooters may want to bring more
Eye and ear protection
Brimmed hat
Knee pads are optional.

Course cost is $75

Rider79

Obsessed Member
Damnit.

Need to do one of these during the week. I've built ARs for a bunch of co-workers, let me know what we gotta do to set it up.

let me know what we gotta do to set it up.
I have Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings free through the end of September. Specific dates would depend on the availability of the Shooting Park ranges. (Weekday evenings are easier to get than weekends)
Five paid students for an evening class and we're on.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I have Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings free through the end of September. Specific dates would depend on the availability of the Shooting Park ranges. (Weekday evenings are easier to get than weekends)
Five paid students for an evening class and we're on.

Mondays and weds I generally have free myself as well. I would be interested in such a class if it does happen.