• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Best place to look at used firearms in sparks area?

i am looking for a better selection of used guns. Specifically a Remington Model 7. Who has a wide selection? also the best place to have a rifle put together, I have the barrel and stock, just looking for a model 7 action, and trigger.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Hmmm, good question. I’m not the gun store visitor I was before I had kids, and I would have said that place on Kietzkie and Gentry but they closed up a handful of years ago.

Best guess nowadays would be Wiley Bros for used selection on non-EBR’s or Mark Fore and Strike for best parts selection in stock.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Who buys used guns for the best price?
Too subjective an issue to say one is going to consistently buy a gun for best price. Depends on mood of the owner, market, type of piecr, so on...

Juggernaut offered me the best price for my XDm that I couldn’t move privately, tried for a year before the backgrounds kicked in. They beat other offers by $50, sold it 20 minutes after listing it for a mere $50 higher than I sold it (justifiable markup). But then again, I bought a used Gen3 G23 two weeks later there for $325. You’ll need to make a few stops to get some offers

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Too subjective an issue to say one is going to consistently buy a gun for best price. Depends on mood of the owner, market, type of piecr, so on...

Juggernaut offered me the best price for my XDm that I couldn’t move privately, tried for a year before the backgrounds kicked in. They beat other offers by $50, sold it 20 minutes after listing it for a mere $50 higher than I sold it (justifiable markup). But then again, I bought a used Gen3 G23 two weeks later there for $325. You’ll need to make a few stops to get some offers
My wife bought me the used FNS-9L they had there yesterday for my birthday. Was a great deal on it. Came with the Apex trigger already installed

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
My wife bought me the used FNS-9L they had there yesterday for my birthday. Was a great deal on it. Came with the Apex trigger already installed
So you’re wife is the one who hurt everyone’s feelers hahaha.

I totally swiped the G23 last week for $325 using their buy online feature. I heard there was a lot of hate.

tdyoung58

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
So you’re wife is the one who hurt everyone’s feelers hahaha.

I totally swiped the G23 last week for $325 using their buy online feature. I heard there was a lot of hate.
Juggernaut and Willey Brothers is about the only place I go anymore unless it's a great deal being offered.
Willey Brothers is who I use to buy from Davidson's if nobody has something locally.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I stayed away from Wiley’s for a long time, thinking the “fine firearms” sign on their shop meant they were all high end stuff that I didn’t need. They have an awesome selection.

Maccabee and Juggernaut are my go to’s for just about everything though. Maccabee especially, know him from a good number of wheeling trips and he does a lot of awesome stuff for the community.