• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Billet AR 15 upper/lower set?

MrTuna

Former Moderator
Hi Guido,
I am researching parts for my first AR 15 build. I am going to buy a billet upper and lower. A couple of questions. Are the upper and lower sets that that are marketed by other companies fitted any different than just buying the receivers separately ? How do your receivers compare to so called premium ones such as Mega Arms and Wilson Combat? I will come in and talk to you guys in person when I get back to town. I would certainly prefer buying my parts from friends at a local shop.

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
All of my AR lowers are NFA billet, except one. It's a forged NFA... LOL

Thank you Guido and Co for making an awesome product at an awesome price!

tbugher62

Mine are all NFA also and they are as good or better than Wilson and ETC.,funny how some guy's are so cheap they don't even want to pay $60.00 for a lower.

MrTuna

Former Moderator
I picked up my lower today and the quality is amazing. I wish their uppers were in stock!

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I love building them because of those set screws instead of roll pins.

tbugher62

Mr Tuna the high quality Nfa Lower's come with them instead of the roll pin's,that's why I like them better than the other's.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
When u go to build it you will find u won't need the roll pins (or trigger guard) from your lpk. They are a great deal for the money - and I like sporting the NFA logo.

MrTuna

Former Moderator
When u go to build it you will find u won't need the roll pins (or trigger guard) from your lpk. They are a great deal for the money - and I like sporting the NFA logo.

Thanks for that! I am really liking their products.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
If u were in Mesquite I'd help ya build it. I have the tools. It's fun. Built one Saturday morning. Every time I do it, it's easier than the last time. You are welcome to come out here. We can build it, then shoot! [MENTION=223]Beretta96[/MENTION] are you up for a build party? Lol

Justified

Former Admin
If u were in Mesquite I'd help ya build it. I have the tools. It's fun. Built one Saturday morning. Every time I do it, it's easier than the last time. You are welcome to come out here. We can build it, then shoot! [MENTION=223]Beretta96[/MENTION] are you up for a build party? Lol
I'm there as soon as I get a lower. Should have my upper and lpk this Friday. Heck I'll be there if I get it or not. Building AR's is fun.

YoungGun

Well-known member (45 ACP)
Forum Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
I can't stand the look of the NFA C-4 lower (too ugly to me). I have about 15 G-15 lowers. Wantta see an NFA-15 beauty? Here it is (sadly I only picked up one long ago).

Yg