Building the Colt "Unicorn" AR pistol

Gunhand

Firearms Instructor
I was lucky enough to recently obtain three Colt Defense stripped factory AR lowers that can legally be made into pistols. These are the same lowers Colt uses in all their military and law enforcement rifles. I purchased two Colt 6945 10.5 inch monolithic uppers, and one Colt 6943 11.5 inch monolithic upper. They all have the Colt factory BCG's and I have a full sets of Colt factory lower receiver parts to install. So with the exception of the SB Tactical SB3a arm braces I'm installing, they will be made entirely from factory Colt components. I should have photos Wednesday or Thursday.

Gunhand

Firearms Instructor
Of course my life got busy and didn't get the Unicorn Colt built as soon as I wanted, but I got one done today. The adjustable Generation 2 KAK Industries Shockwave Blade, Magpul pistol grip and rear BUIS, and Sig Romeo 5 red dot scope.

Attachments

Gunhand

Firearms Instructor
The second one is built!! (Pics later tonight) Just waiting on another KAK Industires Gen II blade setup and number three we be together. Then I have to make a decision if I keep number three, and sell my Sig P516. Decisions, decisions!!

stitch702

Recovering Gunaholic
Forum Supporter
Looks good. I’ve been debating on scooping up the colt complete lowers at brownells that are on sale for $299. Add in the coupon code they go for around $265 with free shipping...I have the itch for a mk18 build.

Gunhand

Firearms Instructor
I probably wouldn't have bought these, but being they are Colt Defense, and they almost never get out of the factory as a receiver only, I couldn't pass it up!