• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cali resident purchase in NV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it's not their responsibility or their problem if someone else disregards their own idiotic and ineffective emotional state laws while in another state. The vendor is breaking no laws, and therefore not "sticking his neck out." .
Clueless as always with gun boards. OK, say you're a ammo vendor at a gun show or even just a store front! You sell some ammo to a CA. resident who get's busted trying to illegally import ammo into CA.. Cop asks you, where'd you get this ammo from?
You say, I bought it from Joe Blow at the Reno gun show or the ABC gun shop. You have now just been tagged as a accessory to a ammo importation crime. I would rather CMA knowing who I'm selling to rather than committing a crime! Are you really that stupid, or do you just fail to see any big picture in life?

Poena238

Peanut Butter
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Clueless as always with gun boards. OK, say you're a ammo vendor at a gun show or even just a store front! You sell some ammo to a CA. resident who get's busted trying to illegally import ammo into CA.. Cop asks you, where'd you get this ammo from?
You say, I bought it from Joe Blow at the Reno gun show or the ABC gun shop. You have now just been tagged as a accessory to a ammo importation crime. I would rather CMA knowing who I'm selling to rather than committing a crime! Are you really that stupid, or do you just fail to see any big picture in life?
It's not the vendors requirement to make sure the buyer is abiding state laws outside of a firearm purchase, and law enforcement knows that!

You fail to see that you're paranoid and over-thinking this too much. I believe that you are either 1) anti-American or communist or 2) the biggest moron on this forum. That can be figured out easily by answering a couple of quick questions.

Facejackets

Low Speed High Drag
However, it’s not a crime to sell ammo to someone from another state in Nevada. You can’t get charged with a crime in California for something you did here. You’d have to get charged here. That’s how that works. Unless you’re breaking someone sort of federal law, of course.

And, since you’re going to argue that, do us an a favor and find us the California “ammo importation” laws that say it’s a crime to buy ammo in another state.

And to answer that last question you had, I think we just found out who is that stupid or fails to see the bigger picture in life. Spoiler alert, it’s not MAC, it’s you.

SixshooterSam

Making Automobiles Great Again
Unbelievably ignorant. A store, gun show vendor, person or any other entity is not accessory to ANY crime when they sell ammo to ANY person, period. Learn and understand what you're talking about before you spew pure BS.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
What does "tagged as a[n] accessory" mean? What crime? Are you really that stupid? And my apologies for not putting you on the ignore list yet. Fixed that.

Last edited:
Unbelievably ignorant. A store, gun show vendor, person or any other entity is not accessory to ANY crime when they sell ammo to ANY person, period. Learn and understand what you're talking about before you spew pure BS.
I do believe as per federal and NV state law, the only thing the ammo vendor needs to ensure is that the purchaser is 18 years of age for long gun ammo and 21 years of age for hand gun ammo just like beer and cigarettes.

Last edited:

K-Rad

Yes. I didn't count this because it's not really any different than finding your gun on the Internet, and having your local CA gun shop order it in for you. You just found it in person while out of state, and paid for it in advance, and then still have to settle up your government bull(crap) and transfer fees when it shows up in CA. But yes, this is how you would do it. It saves nothing over just buying it in CA, though. To me, it doesn't count as a "purchase."
Yeah, you’re right. Maybe he found one he couldn’t find in California where it’s pretty slim pickings right now.
My friend is looking at buying a used Beretta O/U at the Cabela’s in Reno (Verde) and having it shipped to the ffl he uses in the Bay Area.
He says even with shipping and fees it’s cheaper than he can find locally.

Grumpyoldretiredcop

Grumpiness incarnate!
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
Somebody on this board IS clueless... and doesn't understand that California law means nothing in Nevada.

Status
Not open for further replies.