• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Car insurance keeps going up

Pcmaker

Well-known member (45 ACP)
I have progressive car insurance and it goes up every year. Now it's going up from $99 to $117 per month, the biggest jump yet.

I'm thinking of jumping ship and going to a different company.

Wolfn8tr

Forum Supporter
Been with GEICO a few years now and no rate hike that I've noticed.

Oh I pay $180 a month for full coverage on my three vehicles.

05 M3
08 2500HD 4x4
2015 Toy 4x4

Clockwork

Active member (5.56mm)
Esurance tried doing that to me a year ago or so and tried telling me it was because of a "rate hike" in all of Nevada. I called BS and told them I've been with them for well over like 7 years now (can't remember) and told them the spiel that I'm important and I'm wonderful etc and they lowered it back down to what it was before plus some extra because I was "UPSET".

I pay 170$ for full coverage which I'm not too happy with but its going down and down now.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
ALL of them do this

You have to shop around every 6 months or year because ALL of them do this. We go between esurance and progressive usually. Not recommending either because they are all scumbags with their shell game pricing.

On a related note, any insurance agents interested in becoming a commercial sponsor??? HA HA HA

Clockwork

Active member (5.56mm)
You have to shop around every 6 months or year because ALL of them do this. We go between esurance and progressive usually. Not recommending either because they are all scumbags with their shell game pricing.

On a related note, any insurance agents interested in becoming a commercial sponsor??? HA HA HA
That doesn't work for me. I tried progressive 6 months ago and they were about 50$ along with others which were around 100$. I don't know how people get cheaper by doing this but it never works.

Harley

BANNED FOR LIFE+35 Because he dared me to do it!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Mine went up too from about $150 to $180. They said its cause the laws for coverage requirements changed for 2018...Bastards!

Maxcarp

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Move to Pahrump.That will cut your auto insurance rates in half.Ask an of the resident Pahrumpalopes.

MP15Reloader

Forum Supporter
My auto is through usaa.

2014 lexus hybrid
2017 ram 4x4

150 a month full coverage and roadside with lowest deductible. Hasnt changed in 5 years, even when i traded the 2014 tundra 4x4

Gullwing

Former Padawan Apprentice Now Master
Staff member
Move to Pahrump.That will cut your auto insurance rates in half.Ask an of the resident Pahrumpalopes.
Yes but to fit in you must trade in your nice new $60,000 car for a 1975 panel van or similar. Just not worth it to save a few hundred a year.

:leaving:

dsmacey

Forum Supporter
I think as important as the rate is what is your deductible and maximums on bodily injury and collision.

I believe bodily injury minimum is going from 15/30 to 25/59 in Nevada, which would their excuse for raising rates.

Personally I still think that’s too low, especially if you have any assets or net worth for someone to go after.

DonTom

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
My auto is through usaa.

2014 lexus hybrid
2017 ram 4x4

150 a month full coverage and roadside with lowest deductible. Hasnt changed in 5 years, even when i traded the 2014 tundra 4x4
So is mine. But after so many vehicles (I am way over the limit, owning 15 motor vehicles- 8 are motorcycles) USAA will force you to go with Progressive on more than so many vehicles (I forgot the number, but I am way over it).

-Don- Reno, NV

totenschadel

"Don't let your inspector be your teacher"
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Yes but to fit in you must trade in your nice new $60,000 car for a 1975 panel van or similar. Just not worth it to save a few hundred a year.

:leaving:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

STV_Keith

Obsessed Member
GEICO just raised my rates by 26% as of my renewal this month. Claims NV had a rate hike. I'm now at $204/mo for two cars, full coverage, up from $155/mo.

My homeowners, another car and boat policy are with State Farm. Had them quote to compare...$295/mo for the same coverages. GEICO is still cheaper, even with the price hike. Sucks though, since I haven't changed anything or made any claims.

tdyoung58

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
2024 Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Basically it's due to the legalization of recreational weed. States that have done it before have seen a 22% increase in traffic accidents ... Which in turn raises premiums for all.

turborich

Oh I pay $180 a month for full coverage on my three vehicles.

05 M3
08 2500HD 4x4
2015 Toy 4x4
Geico just got another rate hike for Nevada. I pay my insurance in full for 6 months at a time. Jumped $400 per 6 months. I have found another company with the same overages for the old rate. You really should check rates every 6 months. I've been with them for years, but refuse to pay this kind of money. Complete BS!

You can chalk many of the rate increases to the illegals who drive drunk, don't carry insurance and run from accidents.

dsmacey

Forum Supporter
Basically it's due to the legalization of recreational weed. States that have done it before have seen a 22% increase in traffic accidents ... Which in turn raises premiums for all.
How is that possible????

I mean, I have read on here that there is no downside to legalizing marijiuana and that anyone who opposes it is an idiot!

:dita:

Where is that statistic from? From what I have read, the insurance industry has calculate that states that have legalized recreational use have seen a 3% increase.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...to-car-accident-rates/?utm_term=.40cdbb3d1259

Last edited:

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Trading Post Subscriber
Our cars are both 2011s. We put about 1000 miles a month at the most between them. Coverage is 100/300 or more (I forget) and full coverage. They raise it every 6 month term. When it gets over 500 I switch and it usually goes back to 400 or so.
No tickets or accidents.

Harley

BANNED FOR LIFE+35 Because he dared me to do it!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
Geico here too. Been with them for 6 years with no tickets and only one claim but it was for some dip$hit kid who backed into my truck when it was parked!