• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Cold Creek Rd Shooting Area?

New to shooting and would like to know the shootings spots up by Cold Creek rd past the prisons. For anyone living on the far north western part of the valley, this is probably the fastest place to get to. I know there used to be a google doc floating around here with little markers identifying places to shoot, but can't seem to find it.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I'm a little confused, I drive past MM103 once a week on a weekday. I see cars, trucks down in the dunes and there's only one thing they can be there for. The 4 entrance points I'm aware of are not closed ?

Vegas_boy

Born and Raised In Vegas
I'm a little confused, I drive past MM103 once a week on a weekday. I see cars, trucks down in the dunes and there's only one thing they can be there for. The 4 entrance points I'm aware of are not closed ?
I see rangers parked at the first few entrances. Can’t shoot there anymore. You have to drive up towards cold creek. Pass the prison, before you get to the very top, there’s a dirt road that takes you to the hillside backdrop.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I'm really getting annoyed with this quote thing every single time I post ???? What gives.

So are you sayin they stage out there 7 days week cause I'm not seeing them. What I do see is open roads and people shooting. I've personally been shooting out there since about 83. I've heard and read it's closed, people are obviously still using it. Myself not for the last year, just because I prefer my own spots further out and much less traveled. If I'm not at the BC range.

And if your telling me to clean up after myself, I say you don't know me that well. Thanks.

Vegas_boy

Born and Raised In Vegas
I guess I should have been more clear,my post was directed more towards the OP. I’m sure it’s safe to say most of the regular members here clean up after ourselves.

I will try to avoid ever going there again on a weekend.The place is packed and you can’t even find a place to shoot.Also I heard bullet splash about 20 or 30 feet away several times.Kinda creepy like a war zone.
I like shooting in the open desert much more than the Clark County Shooting Complex.I always get a table next to some guy shooting a .40cal or .45 compact where his muzzle blast smacks the side of my cheeks and about blows my ear drums out.Then you hope to God he uses good gun safety and is not an idiot because he’s about 3 1/2 feet right next to you.You don’t know who these people are or if they ever shot a gun before that very day.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
I will try to avoid ever going there again on a weekend.The place is packed and you can’t even find a place to shoot.Also I heard bullet splash about 20 or 30 feet away several times.Kinda creepy like a war zone.
I like shooting in the open desert much more than the Clark County Shooting Complex.I always get a table next to some guy shooting a .40cal or .45 compact where his muzzle blast smacks the side of my cheeks and about blows my ear drums out.Then you hope to God he uses good gun safety and is not an idiot because he’s about 3 1/2 feet right next to you.You don’t know who these people are or if they ever shot a gun before that very day.

Exactly how I have envisioned it, the CC shooting complex. .Why I have never been. Thats Harry Reids park, you know...Never.

LASCHRIS

"Life is hard enough. It's harder when your stupid
Best place to shoot is the home range like Hickok45 owns. Public land spots can be a great place or a terror. Depends on who is out there. The CCSC, not my favorite place. Between the noobs who don't know how to put shells in a magazine, to some of the over zealous range Nazi's. Not fun. Regarding muzzle blast, I also let positions next to me know when I am shooting one of my favorites. Always, set an example, leave only your footprints.

Attachments

MP15Reloader

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Exactly how I have envisioned it, the CC shooting complex. .Why I have never been. Thats Harry Reids park, you know...Never.
When it first opened i will admit i loved going there.. Sat through the bs video blah blah blah.

Had brass they would let me sort through.. Then slowly more and more people starting going there.. The good ones and the bad ones.. Now its not worth it and last time i went i got put next to a guy shooting a 500 s&w snubbie (like 3 or 4 inch barrel) and had a desert eagle pointed at me by some young 20s bimbo who thought a skirt and heals are shooting attire.. If that wasnt enough.. Ny the time i finished my groups.. The nazi brass collectors had picked up my casings so i couldnt even check for pressure signs or anything. Now im relegated back to the sloan landfill and haul out more than i brought in.. But the idiots out there are plentiful as well.

Just wish i could find a secluded quiet spot to test my loads out to 600 or 700 yards without worrying about idiots, rangers, etc.

LASCHRIS

"Life is hard enough. It's harder when your stupid
When it first opened i will admit i loved going there.. Sat through the bs video blah blah blah.

Had brass they would let me sort through.. Then slowly more and more people starting going there.. The good ones and the bad ones.. Now its not worth it and last time i went i got put next to a guy shooting a 500 s&w snubbie (like 3 or 4 inch barrel) and had a desert eagle pointed at me by some young 20s bimbo who thought a skirt and heals are shooting attire.. If that wasnt enough.. Ny the time i finished my groups.. The nazi brass collectors had picked up my casings so i couldnt even check for pressure signs or anything. Now im relegated back to the sloan landfill and haul out more than i brought in.. But the idiots out there are plentiful as well.

Just wish i could find a secluded quiet spot to test my loads out to 600 or 700 yards without worrying about idiots, rangers, etc.
Did you get any good pics of the bimbo? I love it when dames with large breasts show up in low cut tops, just begging for a hot .45acp case to lodge itself in the cleavage. That's why I go early, or not at all. A thought to ponder. Harry has some serious cancer. When the CALtards are in elected office, whats to stop them from naming the place after Harry?

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter

I know of a spot that has extreme range steel targets, but it a bit of a drive and it is very difficult to measure your groups. There is a natural barrier between the targets and you.
I refuse to use any range..goofy, I guess.