'Conversations' questions

mbogo

Bwana Mkubwa
Forum Supporter
Can we display conversations in a conversation format, i.e., the entire series of posts in one thread, instead on one message per post?

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Not sure if I understand the question. It is just as before the upgrade - "reply" will keep em in the same "thread"

mbogo

Bwana Mkubwa
Forum Supporter
No, it isn't for me. My inbox shows each individual message in all conversations as opposed to a list of conversations containing messages.

My ouitbound messages show up in my inbox.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
I don't know what device you are using, nor browser, but a screenshot will help.

mbogo

Bwana Mkubwa
Forum Supporter
PC browser.

If I click on the 'Inbox' link on my home page:

I get this view:

As you can see, both inbound and outbound messages are displayed separately instead of being arranged in a conversation.

Last edited:

mbogo

Bwana Mkubwa
Forum Supporter
If I click on the link in the e=mail I receive when a conversation is opened or added to, e.g.:

I get a correct conversational arrangement. However, clicking on the 'view all conversations, has the message by message view.

mbogo

Bwana Mkubwa
Forum Supporter
Clixcking on 'my content' also presents a message-by-message list instead of a list of threads.

mbogo

Bwana Mkubwa
Forum Supporter
That is a forum thread, and those appear correctly. It is the 'inbox' and 'my content' links that are arranged as individual message,s not threads.

What happens when you click on 'inbox' and 'my content'?

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
When I click "Inbox" upper right hand, between my username and Alerts, to the left of the Search bar), then "Show All" the are all there sorted newest reply first, and by Subject:
(never mind the BLACKED OUT participants, obscured for privacy)

When I get the email notification and click "View all your conversations" from that email, I still get the same view as below.
1533395403520.png

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
I am not a computer nerd, but what I would suggest is to clear your browser's cache/cookies, restart the browser (or even the PC), log back in and see if it is the same.

mbogo

Bwana Mkubwa
Forum Supporter
I not only deleted cache but deleted all the cookies for this site. No joy.

If no one else is experiencing this, I'll assume the problem is on my end.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
what browser on the PC? There are many to choose from.

I use Firefox and Chrome and the screenshot is same on both.

mbogo

Bwana Mkubwa
Forum Supporter
Firefox 61.0.1 (latest). I get the same results with Microsoft Edge, as well as with Safari on an iPad.

Tophog

Biker Trailer Trash
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I am not a computer nerd, but what I would suggest is to clear your browser's cache/cookies, restart the browser (or even the PC), log back in and see if it is the same.
You're nerdier than I am! I HATE the new format!

mbogo

Bwana Mkubwa
Forum Supporter
After looking at it further, it looks like the the conversations that preceded the software change did not get arranged into conversations. Since the outbox is not available anymore, the outbound messages were merged into the inbox.

Is this thread about wanting a CHATBOX? I think it was the most popular thing on the old system. I get replies from mods as they are still working on it... still waiting...