• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Coyote hunting

new to hunting in general but have been tried coyote for the first time the other day. No luck. I have an electronic call. Didnt hear one howl or anything the whole night/day. can anyone give me any tips? & Can anyone give me any spots in southern nevada? a little more specific than just "searchlight" or just "anywhere theyre all over" please. Thank you!

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Virgin River, between Bunkerville and Lake Mead...running rampant down there. A ton of foxes also, but need fur/trap license to shoot them...be careful of those.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
The green is Lake Mead Rec Area...can be hunted legally in most areas up there.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Between BVille and Riverside, there are dirt roads that head North/West from Riverside Road toward overlooks on the river, be careful because that place is very eroded and can be treacherous...some things that look like roads are really death traps. Stop the truck well before the river, walk down and call down the cliffs.
The desert/foothills East/South of same RS Road can be good also...a lot of land out there. Good luck and keel some doggos before they keel my birds.

mpzreb17

Troublemaking Redneck
They and Lions are in Vegas limits now. Saw a beautiful lioness about 4 weeks ago around Cimarron and Blue Diamond not long after a lion made the news that same week across town.

Then last night I almost considered breaking the city limits law because of an aggressive coyote on Durango but didnt since it wasnt hurting me or anyone else on two legs. I wont go into details. I think since the covid lockdowns the dogs and cats have moved back into the valley and like to come out between 3am and 7am on the fringes of the city in each direction.

MET45

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Check out the Sin City Outdoors youtube channel. They are LV locals, and the kid has several videos on coyote hunting, a few pretty recent.