• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Coyote in Las Vegas neighborhood (pics)

steve

Obsessed Member
Yep we have seen them in our hood over in Cheyenne and Ft Apache. Also there was a den of them on Durango hills golf course. Had 4 pups. We have not seen them since early jan though.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
It's a danger to pets and kids. He's looking for dogs and cats. Rabies for babies.
I wouldn't worry so much about legal, myself. But..Legal with a leg-hold trap, possessing a hunting and fur-bearer license.
A live trap and disappearance, is what I'd do.
There is a giant havahart in my garage.

vegasdom

Pest Control Operator
Is that legal? Kind of mean to kill a wild animal for just acting on instincts, right? Now if he was attacking you and your family, different story.
Mean? are you serious? There are little kids next door to me not to mention all the pets around. I'd blast it.

Mean? are you serious? There are little kids next door to me not to mention all the pets around. I'd blast it.
I mean to trap it and then kill it. If you trap it, then release the animal in a remote location. Trapping and killing is not only cruel, its unethical. And I am only talking about the coyote here, not all animals. Rattle snakes get shot onsite.

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I mean to trap it and then kill it. If you trap it, then release the animal in a remote location. Trapping and killing is not only cruel, its unethical. And I am only talking about the coyote here, not all animals. Rattle snakes get shot onsite.
Why do You kill rattle snakes in the wild? As for the coyote I would set up some snare's. They sell them at Sportsmans. That's how You trap and kill at the same time!

LASCHRIS

"Life is hard enough. It's harder when your stupid
Why do You kill rattle snakes in the wild? As for the coyote I would set up some snare's. They sell them at Sportsmans. That's how You trap and kill at the same time!
Some folks think it's necessary to kill them. Snakes are good for the environment. Now, I will be named a FUDD, tree hugger, or libtard. As for the coyote, if he/she drops into backyard, I have a two barrels of #4 buck. Yeah I know it's in the city. I won't use a trap unless it's necessary.

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Some folks think it's necessary to kill them. Snakes are good for the environment. Now, I will be named a FUDD, tree hugger, or libtard. As for the coyote, if he/she drops into backyard, I have a two barrels of #4 buck. Yeah I know it's in the city. I won't use a trap unless it's necessary.
I was being facetious about the snakes. Traps are quiet so is a snare coyote deadabout 12 seconds or a little more.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Why do You kill rattle snakes in the wild?
I didnt say in the wild. I will only kill a rattler onsite on my property, but not in the wild. But the difference here is rattlers are verminous and the coyote is not, so its a different logic here. I dont see the need to kill the coyote unless warranted and I said that in post #1.

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
But the difference here is rattlers are verminous and the coyote is not, so its a different logic here.
I don't know, I would say they coyote is verminous. After all they are a vermin. I am however glad the coyote isn't also venomous like the ol rattlesnake, that would suck!

LASCHRIS

"Life is hard enough. It's harder when your stupid
I was being facetious about the snakes. Traps are quiet so is a snare coyote deadabout 12 seconds or a little more.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Awhile ago, I ran into a moron here who claimed rattlers moved down hill towards his fishing party on Lake Mead at night and attacked. So if you didn't kill all the worlds rattlers you were not a friend of the second amendment.

This website has a few strange folks.

Where in LAS was that coyote on the fence?

Oh, My bad. You get a lot of rattlesnakes in Your back yard do ya? I bet Your neighbors don't like it when You shoot them in that subdivision.
I didnt say I do or live in a subdivision, you assume alot brother. Several years back, I lived with my parents while I was in escrow for my home and they are in the country. If a rattler was on the property, it would get popped. If I saw one one a public road relaxing in the sun, I left him alone. On the fire line, they get the shovel for sure.