Coyote in Las Vegas neighborhood (pics)

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I didnt say I do or live in a subdivision, you assume alot brother. Several years back, I lived with my parents while I was in escrow for my home and they are in the country. If a rattler was on the property, it would get popped. If I saw one one a public road relaxing in the sun, I left him alone. On the fire line, they get the shovel for sure.
I assumed that the photo in Your OP looks like its in a subdivision. You said in your OP that it's (Our back wall). Thanks for the info.

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Right, now this is all making more sense. It's from FB. My fault again. In Pahrump we have a neighborhood watch FB page. People posting all day coyote sightings. Funny really

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
NO, I DID NOT. I purposely quoted the line to show that it was not me. Sorry you didnt catch that. I went back and updated.
Awesome, Thanks for the rest of the story. The place I'm working in Henderson I see and hear several coyotes a day. Always a new sign up saying lost cat or dog.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
Ben Stepman from Ben Stepman Hyundai - DUH :hurray:
You're a youngin'...

It used to be "Ben Stepman Dodge; the OTHER Dodge dealer; in Henderson, of course!"

Edit: Fogie beat me to it.

Edit: In the interim he was the big Yugo dealership, advertising that you could build the entire car with parts from the service department.

Last edited:

Mr. B

Obsessed Member
While wild animals in urban environmenmts can create problems, that furry, dog-like animal is not really the kind of coyote that we need to be worried about.

The really harmful ones are the human traffickers.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
You're a youngin'...

It used to be "Ben Stepman Dodge; the OTHER Dodge dealer; in Henderson, of course!"

Edit: Fogie beat me to it.

Edit: In the interim he was the big Yugo dealership, advertising that you could build the entire car with parts from the service department.
It’s a rare Mac sighting. Enjoy it and take it all in boys, may not get another for several years. :smile5:

Welcome back Mac. Hope to see more of ya around.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
They are all over the golf courses here in town too from what I hear. I guess it is illegal to :scsniper2: one in city limits. If you do you have to drag it over the AZ border... :copbeatdown:

ZilWin

Obsessed Member
Yep we have seen them in our hood over in Cheyenne and Ft Apache. Also there was a den of them on Durango hills golf course. Had 4 pups. We have not seen them since early jan though.
I've seen the chomped rabbit carcasses on the tee boxes early in the morning at Durango Hills. Good hunting for them over there given the thousands of rabbits living on that course. LOL

PS: I second the welcome back to Mac.

turborich

Obsessed Member
We are the invasive species. The coyotes and other wild animals were here first. We have encroached on their land. Coyotes wouldn't be coming into our neighborhoods if we all properly disposed of our waste and kept our animals contained. The kids are in danger? Not if they are being watched by their parents. I see no reason to shoot these animals for no other reason except for sport.

It's legal to kill them so do as you wish, morally I do think it's wrong.

steve

Obsessed Member
I've seen the chomped rabbit carcasses on the tee boxes early in the morning at Durango Hills. Good hunting for them over there given the thousands of rabbits living on that course. LOL

PS: I second the welcome back to Mac.
I play Durango every week and just this last week we remarked that the rabbits were showing up again. I got a great picture of two Hawks sitting in a tree in 18 last week. They used to nest over by the par3 by the office buildings.
We saw the family of yours pop out of the brush on 17 all through December