• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Coyotes

Well after Labor day weekend is beginning for coyotes. Anyone hunt them out in the desert behind Imlay off of HWY 80 ? Highly educated in the dog skins around Reno .

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I only hunt them in the winter, to get better pelts.

I can't remember the exact bill number. But I'm pretty certain the current legislature passed one banning coyote hunting.
Not sure, but I think you might be thinking of competitive coyote hunting.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I can't remember the exact bill number. But I'm pretty certain the current legislature passed one banning coyote hunting.
I don’t remember the BDR by number, but it was only the tournament coyote hunting they went after. Coyotes remain unprotected per NDOW who cites flourishing populations despite flat out eradication attempts over the past generation.
http://www.ndow.org/Species/Furbearer/Coyote/

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
For the OP, I haven’t tried up here since not having a ton of luck out in the North Valleys before Amodei gave all the lands to the tribes. My perception is that, close to town, they’re super skittish and know to avoid most electronic callers. I’ve seen a guy on fb though who hunts them in a Santa suit just to prove you don’t need fancy camo or gear to nab them. YMMV.