• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CZBren 2 ms 7.62x39

Considering getting a CZ Bren 2 ms 11 inch barrel in 7.62x39. I've heard good and bad about this platform. Anyone fill me in on the good and the bad or should I just not get the Bren?

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
I've no interest in an SBR 7.62x39, but if I did, I'm pretty sure the CZ Bren would be at the top of my list.

jchen76

Just a Civy.
I own the 7.62 version in 11"
I like it, it's light, compact and handy.
Very much like SCAR I owned years ago.

Chose the 11" version due to favorable 7.62.x39 ballistics in short barrel length vs 5.56.
Haven't had any issues with extraction like the Ar15/Reddit forums suggest.
Only upgrade with brace adapter and shims to fix rear stock plate wobble. (known issue out of the box).

7.62 mags are hard to come by, HBI makes a mag well adapter that seems work well with the 7.62 AR mags.
Trigger is very good, better than stock AR trigger. With steel cased Wolf Polymer about 2-3 MOA gun using 3x magnifier and holosun. Just picked up a Primary arms GLX prism in 2x see if that makes a difference.

When shooting extended strings, hand guard gets hot. I wear gloves and added some polymer rail panels to mitigate that,

I own the 7.62 version in 11"
I like it, it's light, compact and handy.
Very much like SCAR I owned years ago.

Chose the 11" version due to favorable 7.62.x39 ballistics in short barrel length vs 5.56.
Haven't had any issues with extraction like the Ar15/Reddit forums suggest.
Only upgrade with brace adapter and shims to fix rear stock plate wobble. (known issue out of the box).

7.62 mags are hard to come by, HBI makes a mag well adapter that seems work well with the 7.62 AR mags.
Trigger is very good, better than stock AR trigger. With steel cased Wolf Polymer about 2-3 MOA gun using 3x magnifier and holosun. Just picked up a Primary arms GLX prism in 2x see if that makes a difference.

When shooting extended strings, hand guard gets hot. I wear gloves and added some polymer rail panels to mitigate that,
Thanks a lot. Appreciate the input

USNGoat

Just another dude...
There's been talk of some reliability issues with them. I still wish I'd grabbed one, although the lack of magazine compatibility with my AK collection is quite annoying.

Last edited: