• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

De-Californicating Some Semi-Auto Rifles

Eltee

Moved to Henderson recently from that crazy state to the west. A couple of my rifles had to have a dreaded "Bullet Button" (or variant) add to them inc. ones that had them installed prior to shipping to California so I don't have the original mag release parts.

Looking for a gunsmith or skilled hobbyist who can return these to normal inc. acquiring any needed parts. Rifles include:
- TAVOR
- Stainless Ruger Mini-14
- H&K SL8 modified into a semiauto G36

Prefer someone close to Sun City Anthem, if possible. THANK YOU.

SixshooterSam

What, me conspiracy?
Converting from bullet button to proper mag release is incredibly easy on an AR. No gunsmith needed. If you can open a plastic bubble pack with a mag release button in it, you have the technical know-how to install it.

First quick link with google:
https://justrightcarbines.com/removing-california-bullet-button/

Edit: and I see my post is mostly irrelevant as I misread your list there.. but having said that, I can't imagine the others are that complicated either. But I'll shut my mouth now before I spew misinfo :eek:

Last edited:

Eltee

Converting from bullet button to proper mag release is incredibly easy on an AR. No gunsmith needed. If you can open a plastic bubble pack with a mag release button in it, you have the technical know-how to install it.

First quick link with google:
https://justrightcarbines.com/removing-california-bullet-button/

Edit: and I see my post is mostly irrelevant as I misread your list there.. but having said that, I can't imagine the others are that complicated either. But I'll shut my mouth now before I spew misinfo :eek:

I appreciate your input. I did do my own AR based rifles but the others are different. The H&K has a paddle release, etc.

Thanks for the reply.

Eltee

LASCHRIS

Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Moved to Henderson recently from that crazy state to the west. A couple of my rifles had to have a dreaded "Bullet Button" (or variant) add to them inc. ones that had them installed prior to shipping to California so I don't have the original mag release parts.

Looking for a gunsmith or skilled hobbyist who can return these to normal inc. acquiring any needed parts. Rifles include:
- TAVOR
- Stainless Ruger Mini-14
- H&K SL8 modified into a semiauto G36

Prefer someone close to Sun City Anthem, if possible. THANK YOU.
Omg, high capacity magazines. What about the children?