Desert Sportsman's - A New Day is Dawning

If you look at the nominations all members should be gravely concerned with DSRPC becoming a range for all variations of 22lr with no magnums allowed because they destroy targets. Just saying. Vote wisely.

PM720

Poster Level- Expert
Posting by request.

Hey FB friends, are you a member of DSRPC (those who are will know what DSRPC is)?

For those who are, I HIGHLY recommend that you vote for Ken Champagne in the upcoming elections for President and Vickie Maline for Secretary. You need to get rid of Howard Bloom as President and the current secretary is a tool.

I was at range #6 on Fri setting up and a guy walked up to me from another bench and wanted me to read a piece of paper. He introduced himself as the club president (I'm assuming it was Howard) and asked for my vote. He also asked if I knew who Ken Champagne was. I said yes and that I was planning to vote for him. He walked away. I did not read his paper and was a little pissed off.

I am of mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I understand that a guy is trying to spread his name around to get votes. On the other hand, I'm up there, on my time, and don't appreciate being bothered with politics. Is this any different that someone ringing your doorbell, interrupting you at your house, to get you to change your religion or vote for them?

What are your thoughts?

Terry

I was at range #6 on Fri setting up and a guy walked up to me from another bench and wanted me to read a piece of paper. He introduced himself as the club president (I'm assuming it was Howard) and asked for my vote. He also asked if I knew who Ken Champagne was. I said yes and that I was planning to vote for him. He walked away. I did not read his paper and was a little pissed off.

I am of mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I understand that a guy is trying to spread his name around to get votes. On the other hand, I'm up there, on my time, and don't appreciate being bothered with politics. Is this any different that someone ringing your doorbell, interrupting you at your house, to get you to change your religion or vote for them?

What are your thoughts?

Terry
Meh.

Not seeing anything wrong with one club member talking to another club member at the range, whether it be to try to earn a vote, or just talking about the weather.

Might actually be a good thing for people to be able to put a face to the name when it comes to the club's leadership.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
That pissed off attitude, and general bad attitude I’ve seen from the people that work there over the last 25 years is EXACTLY why I avoid that place like the plague.