• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dirty Harry himself would be jealous

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagon Collector
Very nice work and looks great!
Thanks!

They were pretty bad. I was going to return them because I had never fitted anything like this before, never worked with stag. But, i busted out the file, worked for an hour or so going slowly, then busted out the sand paper (400, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500) and then hit them with a little green rubbing compound on a leather knife strop and done.

3rd pic is after.
760FBCC9-0180-4464-AD47-0044A81389DD.jpeg 85CEA795-1416-4F4F-82FC-E603CF279A87.jpeg 2A9BBDBA-0807-43B2-98DF-AEDC358EF5E8.jpeg

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
Commercial Sponsor
Man, that's a lot of work to fix a ready-to-install set of nice grips! Nicely done, though!

Dr. Marneaus

Station Wagon Collector
Man, that's a lot of work to fix a ready-to-install set of nice grips! Nicely done, though!
Yeah, I wasn't happy. They were stupidly expensive for being so small, and they were beautifully finished, just the fit was way out of whack. I wonder if frame sizes changed or something. I get it you wont ever have a truly custom fit unless you send in the gun, but still, it wasn't even close.

Either way, not like I had anything better to do on a friday afternoon in quarantine times, lol. Plus I got to learn a new skill.

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Nice work for sure.
Hope you wore a dust mask while sanding, the dust from stag has proven in years gone by to cause some really bad lung issues, and in some cases toxic shock death.

Sanding anything, natural or man made, a dust mask should always be worn, particulates from anything, metal, wood, plastic, natural substances like horn, bone, etc. none of them do us any good when they get into our lungs.

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I have it on good authority that the mask Mac is offering for sale was only used on Sunday's by a little old lady as she played bingo in the local leprosy and tuberculosis ward at the sanitarium, so it's a prime buy!

On the other hand , I have one that is still sealed in the original packaging, date code is September 19th, 1918, left over from the Spanish Flu so you know it's good as they made them better back then, and I'll let you have it for only $99 down and $99 a month for 72 months!

How's that for my first attempt at thread crapping, did I succeed?:devilish::ROFLMAO::poop:

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I should have noted that with every case of MY masks that you order, I will toss in not one, not two, not three but FOUR rolls of genuine 17th century TP, also known back then as maple leaves. They are a bit crunchy now, but with a bit of water to rehydrate them, you are good to , ah...."go"!!