• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Do you require a blue card to be filled out if you live in Boulder City?

A blue card is not required if you live in Boulder City. I called New Frontier Armory and someone there told me that they will fill one out for me even though I live in Boulder City.

Is this store policy to do that even though you live in Boulder City?

Chrispy

Member (9mm)
BLUE CARD

NRS 244.364 Limited authority to regulate firearms; restrictions concerning registration of certain firearms in county whose population is 700,000 or more.

You can read the above on the LVMPD.COM website and decide for yourself the answer to your question. I'm pretty sure the answer would be yes you need to register your handguns if you reside in CLARK COUNTY.

There is no registration in Boulder City. See this thread for an explanation: http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=49916&highlight=blue+card+boulder+city

mbogo
Yeah that is what I heard, but whoever answered the phone at new frontier armory said I need to fill out the blue card because Boulder City is in Clark County.

I am hoping to hear back from someone from new frontier armory to let me know why they require to fill one out for me. Why would one of their sales people tell me I needed that.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
There is no registration in Boulder City....
Nor in other counties, but it took a letter from the sheriff clarifying the issue for them for the gun shops to stop forcing the Pahrumpalopes from being registered when buying here.

Sometimes gun shops default to more paperwork when there is any question and they don't know. Other times and on other issues, the gun shops refuse to stand up against the county. Honestly, I can't blame them. The county can run them out of business if they didn't toe the line to the county's embarrassingly blatant disregard for state laws.

I can't speak for NFA, and I hesitate to post my thoughts in their forum.

So as mentioned, there is no registration for residents of Boulder City, but without the official permission from the sheriff, some stores might just default to the paperwork anyway, unfortunately.

MAC702

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
2021 Supporter
2022 Supporter
2023 Supporter
If you purchased the firearm in Las Vegas or North Las Vegas they do register it, if you buy it in Henderson or Boulder City they won't, only time they won't register it is when you have a different county address than Clark on your drivers lic.
First, WELCOME to Nevada Shooters, please stick around even though I'm about to correct you. :D Especially with such a clever handle.

They WILL register in Henderson. Henderson city codes require registration with their chief of police. Technically this is invalid by state preemption, but since Henderson uses Clark's sheriff's program anyway (with no technical authority to do so) they are still registering. A savvy person who wanted to buck the system could probably get away with not registering guns in Henderson. But I will be one of the few people who would advocate such a thing. As it is, the gun shops in Henderson are participating.

Guido

Vegas' Favorite Gun Store
Commercial Sponsor
The official answer:

Yes, we register all handguns purchased by anyone that lives in Clark County.

If you have an address outside of Clark County we do not / can not register your handgun.

We understand the blue card system very well and have been fighting AGAINST it for years.

We have contributed donations to NVFAC, NRA/ILA, as well as a ton of time, information, etc trying to get rid of the broken system. We hate it as much as you do and we will continue to fight against it.... HOWEVER -- as much as I would love to just stop doing them we can't for three reasons:

1) The only way that "bucking the system" and refusing to do the registrations here at the store will work is if ALL of the stores will do it, which I can't get everyone to do and we've put a lot of effort into trying.

2) Unless the system goes away, it would be an inconvinience to our customers to not register their handgun for them and have them be forced to go do it at the PD. We would loose quite a bit of business if we did that, and it wouldn't change anything with the policy unless, like I said in reason #1, all stores would do it and metro sub stations got inundated with lines of people to come register their guns and it got more than they could handle.

3) A clause in the regs for us to maintain the business license we have in North Las Vegas, and local ATF requirements REQUIRE us to follow the "rules" of this system even if they are not correct, unlawful, unconstitutional, or otherwise.

So please understand, we're not just giving in like sheep, but there are somethings we can't change, HOWEVER -- I can tell you honestly that we do work on a regular basis to help change this policy and aren't just laying here and bending over for them quietly.

I hope this makes sense.