Electronic Ear Plugs?

totenschadel

Forum Supporter
Looking for feedback on your plugs, brand, cost, reliability, rechargeable vs disposable cells, warranty etc. I'm seeing price points from $100-$300. Let's hear what you have to say.

Brider

CPAs do it by the numbers
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I have had a pair of these Walker Razor XV for about 2 years and I really like them. Great for shotgun sports since there is no muff to bump the stock, I haven't tried them running around a USPSA match but they were fine for the short movements for IDPA. One note is that the range of the blue tooth is limited and get an extra set of the replaceable ear buds as my first set only lasted about 8 months, the new set seems to be better and has lasted longer.

They are rechargeable as well.

Razor XV

XV.jpg

I've had these Walker's Silencer Electronic Ear Plugs for a year now. Great sound reduction, don't stick out too much, and it includes multiple tips for proper ear fitment (VERY comfortable when used for long periods).

Only knock against it are the required use of hearing aid batteries (#10). Those batteries will only last about 2-3 days max. Walker includes 2 sets of batteries with purchase. However, you can find those batteries pretty much everywhere (Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc.) pretty cheap to stock up on.

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 6.08.10 PM.png

Brider

CPAs do it by the numbers
Staff member
Forum Supporter
I've had these Walker's Silencer Electronic Ear Plugs for a year now. Great sound reduction, don't stick out too much, and it includes multiple tips for proper ear fitment (VERY comfortable when used for long periods).

Only knock against it are the required use of hearing aid batteries (#10). Those batteries will only last about 2-3 days max. Walker includes 2 sets of batteries with purchase. However, you can find those batteries pretty much everywhere (Walmart, Target, Amazon, etc.) pretty cheap to stock up on.
Those are nice. They have the new rechargable ones with bluetooth out now, once they are under $200 I'll snag a pair. I wonder if you can use them on a competition course or they might fall out?