• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Elk Chili for Chili Dogs anyone?

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
This is a recipe that I stumbled on somewhere then I made it my own. You can make it with any kind of grind that you like, or use just chorizo.

Chili no beans
1 diced onion, 4 poblano peppers grilled, 2 red bell pepper grilled, 3 cloves garlic minced,3 tablespoons cumin, 2 tablespoons oregano, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 2-4 cups fresh chicken stock, 2-3 pounds chorizo, or 1 lbs chorizo and 1lbs Elk burger, can substitute with 1lbs beef burger. 1 (6oz) can tomato paste. Brown gravy mix to thicken.

Grill the peppers, then bring inside and chop them up. Slice up the garlic and onion at this time. Add peppers onion and garlic to food processor and puree them into a salsa consistency. Brown your ground meat next. Add chorizo to the crockpot and turn on high. Add browned ground to the crockpot along with the pureed peppers, onion, garlic mixture to crockpot. Add chicken stock to the crockpot. Mix well then add tomato past along with the rest of the dry ingredients, then add Worcestershire sauce and stir. Bring to a boil on high then turn down to low and simmer for a couple hours. If the chili has to much liquid add beef gravy mix to the chili to thicken.

Grill up your favorite hotdogs then add chili on top for the best chili dogs ever!
ENJOY
Here’s the video

SixshooterSam

What, me conspiracy?
I stopped at “no beans”. No beans means you made a meat sauce. No beans = no chili
As soon as I saw "no beans" I immediately planned on posting EXACTLY this. If it doesn't have beans, it isn't chili in any way, shape or form.

That's not to say that the end result won't be good.. it could very well be excellent. It just isn't chili.

Kinoons

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
As soon as I saw "no beans" I immediately planned on posting EXACTLY this. If it doesn't have beans, it isn't chili in any way, shape or form.

That's not to say that the end result won't be good.. it could very well be excellent. It just isn't chili.
(poop) I’ll argue over this as well 😉

No beans. Ever.

Chili: the only decent thing to ever come out of Texas beside ZZ Top.

Now, you want some good livin, make yourself a steaming pot of green chili stew. Guaranteed to clean out your sinuses and solve those seasonal allergy issues.