FACEBOOK bans part of the Declaration of Independence as hate speech

Just when you thought you have heard it all and thought it could not get worse; FACEBOOK was caught censoring and banning part of the Declaration of Independence as "hate speech".

One should ask, can you have a FACEBOOK account and still be faithful to the constitution and loyal to fellow American citizens? If you have to think about that, for one or more seconds, then one should terminate their FACEBOOK account. Too many times, well-documented censorship on the part of FACEBOOK, in the name of "hate-speech" has occurred; often with highly suspicious bias against conservatives. The Declaration of Independence is the line in the sand for me, that NEVER EVER should be besmirched in such a disgraceful manner.

I purposely picked a liberal, pro-democrat party media story to show that this really occurred (see CNN article below).

Facebook apologizes after labeling part of Declaration of Independence 'hate speech'

By Annie Grayer, CNN Updated 5:45 PM ET, Thu July 5, 2018

(CNN)Facebook's policies for censoring hate speech have again come under fire after the social media giant labeled a passage from the Declaration of Independence as hate speech.

Facebook apologized to a Texas newspaper on Tuesday for deleting its post that included the passage.

The Liberty County Vindicator had been posting excerpts of the Declaration of Independence daily leading up to July 4th. The first nine posts were published without a problem. The 10th post, which included paragraphs 27 through 31 of the Declaration of Independence, was deleted by Facebook.

According to Casey Stinnett, the Vindicator's managing editor, the paper received a notice from Facebook that said the post "goes against our standards on hate speech."

Ron_O

Cave Dweller
I was a Facebook junkie, spent far too many hours each day surfing the site while I was also working at my computer for my businesses. At some point, as I watched the site migrate to a highly manipulative platform, I became so sickened that I realized that it wasn't adding quality to my life but exactly the opposite.

And we used it extensively to network with both friends and film and TV business associates. One day, without even letting my better half know, I just shut it all down. Deleted myriads of photo albums, etc. etc., and disappeared without a trace. Haven't missed it or been back since. I suppose the greatest thing was when the Mandalay shooting took place and I wasn't able to network with friends to see how everyone was doing. Beyond that only a time here or there when I was wondering about what may be going on with someone or some group.

But when they started shutting down gun groups it was the beginning of the end.

It's nice to see that the general public has finally picked up on FB's manipulative abuses. I just watched on Fox News where they censored a Christian group who was singing a song about love, labeling it hate speech as well. They reinstated the song but the damage was already done.

And now the Declaration of Independence, leading up to Independence Day.

Delete now, stop contributing to their wealth..

I shut it down about 6 moths ago best thing ever .... except for my google business page, did you know they give millions to the brady campaign? look for the Butler on Yelp.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Yep Facebook sucks and they hate "gun people". I wish all of the gun groups would boycott facebook. In fact, we do have a nevadashooters FB page that we try to use to bring people to the forum. But I really feel it's days are number - be it by our choice of fakebook's.

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Okay, FB chimed in and fixed the issue pretty damned quick, IMO. They used algorythm software that took issue with the language copied amd pasted from our historic text, and the software acted of it’s own valition. The offending line was,

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

That software pulled it down because referring to Indians as “savages” is not acceptable to them, generally speaking. Once a human read the appeal and figured out what it was, they reinstated the post. As far as a system working things out, this is actually a good story and FB even says that they’re going to change their algorythms to ensure more historical documents don’t get censored.

I agree that FB hates us gun guys and merely allows us to exist instead of thrive on their platform. Not the greatest tool for our cause, but claiming they banned the Declaration of Independence crosses into the realm of Fake News.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Actually, it is real news as it did happen.

NPR had the same issue with Twitter when they were twittering the Declaration of Independence a couple of years ago, if I recall correctly.

I guess the point is if these (anti)social media platforms were around in the 1770s - we'd be redcoats...