• Las Vegas Shooting Center - Customer Appreciation Day 10/19/2019! - CLICK HERE for details!

Form 4 - 2 Months!!!!!!!!

DiscountGunSource

Experience the DGS Difference
Commercial Sponsor
Well we received 2 stamps today that were submitted in July 2019. 2 Months......Awesome for these folks!

Back Story:
We heard the ATF hired a bunch of new contractors. They apparently gave all the new stuff to the new folks and all of the old stuff to the existing staff. Long story short the new folks pumped out the form 4's and here we go.....

Rumor is if you submitted after 7/1/19 they are being worked on now.

tax stamp.jpg tax stamp.jpg

Epic Milk

uber n00b
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I've been seeing this on the reddit gun forums (r/nfa) a lot. I should get my form 4's in and see if I can luck out.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
Cripes. That must be nice. Makes me think my BOGO cans may actually get here before I die of old age.

Meanwhile my BO cans are being held hostage waiting for the dealer to complete their shop move (forms approved 2.5 months ago) Sigh. :)

DiscountGunSource

Experience the DGS Difference
Commercial Sponsor
I have two in the system. One in late June the other mid July. It will be interesting to see which one comes back first.
If I were a betting man I would say the July one any day now. Now you could always get lucky if the person doing the later one sees the earleier one and grabs them both. Fingers crossed for you! We received another one today from early July so it is still moving along.....

Last edited:

brokenhalo11

Forum Supporter
Rumor:
I heard that the ATF disallowed the practice of SilencerShop signing Form 4s on behalf of the transferring dealer.
Cancelling thousands of Form 4 through their Kiosks.

Has anyone else heard this rumbling?

nn8734

Rumor:
I heard that the ATF disallowed the practice of SilencerShop signing Form 4s on behalf of the transferring dealer.
Cancelling thousands of Form 4 through their Kiosks.

Has anyone else heard this rumbling?
Yep, there are a couple threads going about what’s been happening with those SIlencer Shop applications on Snipers Hide. Silencer Shop’s rep made several posts explaining the backstory along with actions they have been taking to mitigate customer impact.

Edit: here is one thread with a link in that thread to another related post.
http://forum.snipershide.com/thread...-shop-has-screwed-us-royally-updated.6961796/

Last edited:
If I were a betting man I would say the July one any day now. Now you could always get lucky if the person doing the later one sees the earleier one and grabs them both. Fingers crossed for you! We received another one today from early July so it is still moving along.....
Got the call that my June submission is ready for p/u. Just about a 90 turn around. Christmas came early. 😁

ironpegasus

Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2 months.. meanwhile I'm over a year now for two cans. Why didn't they dump the oldest stuff on the new contractors first?
In regards to the wait time, does anyone know if litigation has ever been attempted to place an upper limit on how long the ATF can take to approve something? I mean the "burden" says four hours to process the entire thing, so for the government to turn that time to process into something that is a multiplier of a few thousand times that number for property that has already been paid for... if nobody has tried that angle, maybe the "right people" should look into it. Especially if this New York Rifle & Pistol case goes the way we hope - time to get the new wish list in the judicial hopper.