• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Form 4 Transfer time

Gullwing

"Gunsmith"
Staff member
Something seems constitutionally wrong about them cashing your check without allowing possession at that time you've paid the taxes on it.
taxation without representation? No don't think the founding fathers had any views on something like that...

Anyone getting anything approved lately. Waiting on a form 4 individual. Check was cashed 7/8/19. This was from the SiCo botched BOGO where I purchased the original suppressor on 7/1/18.

EDIT: I called the NFA for chits n giggles expecting to hear "pending" Turns out it was approved April 26th. Nice!

pc911lv

Sith Lord
Forum Supporter
Anyone getting anything approved lately. Waiting on a form 4 individual. Check was cashed 7/8/19. This was from the SiCo botched BOGO where I purchased the original suppressor on 7/1/18.

EDIT: I called the NFA for chits n giggles expecting to hear "pending" Turns out it was approved April 26th. Nice!
If it was approved that long ago, shouldn’t you have the stamp? Isn’t that the next step?

Dealer said the last one the received came in about about a month after approval. The last one I received last year was less than a week. Could be the dealer being swamped...who knows. I called because last time all I got from them was a text.

pc911lv

Sith Lord
Forum Supporter
Dealer said the last one the received came in about about a month after approval. The last one I received last year was less than a week. Could be the dealer being swamped...who knows. I called because last time all I got from them was a text.
Sorry Roach, I’m waiting for my first one from last April, so I’m bombarding you with questions. Tax stamp gets mailed to dealer, and then dealer calls you for pickup?

Sorry Roach, I’m waiting for my first one from last April, so I’m bombarding you with questions. Tax stamp gets mailed to dealer, and then dealer calls you for pickup?
Yes. April is a long time have you called the NFA at (304) 616-4500? You need to give them the serial number, the dealer name, and your name. the only two things they will tell you is either pending or give you an approval date. After that the stamp is physically mailed to the dealer. It usually take 5-7 days, but it seems to be taking longer these days with all the madness.

Make sure to call the dealer. I missed an email from a dealer before and they went out of business. It ended up costing me $1000 for an AAC M42000 suppressor that I never got.

pc911lv

Sith Lord
Forum Supporter
Yes. April is a long time have you called the NFA at (304) 616-4500? You need to give them the serial number, the dealer name, and your name. the only two things they will tell you is either pending or give you an approval date. After that the stamp is physically mailed to the dealer. It usually take 5-7 days, but it seems to be taking longer these days with all the madness.

Make sure to call the dealer. I missed an email from a dealer before and they went out of business. It ended up costing me $1000 for an AAC M42000 suppressor that I never got.
I called in late March and got a pending. Dealer is NFA, so I feel like if anyone is sticking around it’s them.

pc911lv

Sith Lord
Forum Supporter
Ok, so I got off my butt and called Uncle Sam again. APPROVED April 28th. Called New Frontier and they haven’t received yet. So crossing my fingers it will be in my hands in two weeks. Then I get to start a new post asking for help tuning my gun for my first can!!!!!!! Really excited.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Then I get to start a new post asking for help tuning my gun for my first can!
What can did you get (didn't see it in the thread, might have missed it)? What firearm (or firearms) is the intended host? Mounting method (direct thread, muzzle adapter, etc)?

pc911lv

Sith Lord
Forum Supporter
What can did you get (didn't see it in the thread, might have missed it)? What firearm (or firearms) is the intended host? Mounting method (direct thread, muzzle adapter, etc)?
LWRCI CSASS (this gun is just amazing) I bought a Sandman-K which has the built in muzzle brake (if I remember correctly). And if I did my research right (probably didn’t) for some reason I thought I could also use it on my PS-90.

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
20 position gas block should give you a good range for tuning both with and without a can.

The Sandman K will work fine with 5.7, better sound mitigation with the smaller end-cap, but I can't comment on the PS90. Never handled one.

Ok, so I got off my butt and called Uncle Sam again. APPROVED April 28th. Called New Frontier and they haven’t received yet. So crossing my fingers it will be in my hands in two weeks. Then I get to start a new post asking for help tuning my gun for my first can!!!!!!! Really excited.
You should be soon. I got a text today from the dealer that the stamp was in and I was approved on the 26th

42tula

uber Member
The atf needs to hurry up. I’m still waiting on my BOGO can, and it’s getting pretty old. I’m at 297 days now since the check was cashed, F4, trust application.

The atf needs to hurry up. I’m still waiting on my BOGO can, and it’s getting pretty old. I’m at 297 days now since the check was cashed, F4, trust application.
Bummer. I'm at 23 months from the sale to getting the BOGO. It literally took a year for them to get the free can to the dealer before I could start the process for a second time.

42tula

uber Member
Bummer. I'm at 23 months from the sale to getting the BOGO. It literally took a year for them to get the free can to the dealer before I could start the process for a second time.
Yep. I remember getting the calls for two of my cans two months after the atf cashed the check on the BOGO. Hopefully it’s soon so I don’t change the project it was going on haha

So when I originally ordered the octane 9 it came with a piston. I received the octane 9 without. Thankfully the suppressors don’t suck as bad as the people running the company. D8B1C0E2-B590-471D-85D8-B8A646DE3798.jpeg 816F0D98-36D7-43F8-A832-1B22025833F9.jpeg

Janizary

Geth Prime
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
Glad you have yours in-hand finally. My last one is still in suppressor jail. I was hoping they'd give it early release...you know, due to the Covid ;)

pc911lv

Sith Lord
Forum Supporter
The impossible is POSSIBLE!!! Just got the call from New Frontier, my tax stamp is in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going down tomorrow morning to pick up my can!!!!! Sorry all I know the exclamation points are a bit obnoxious, but its the only way to show how excited I am!!!!!