• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Form 4 Transfer time

I'm hoping these times continue to improve. My 1st batch of cans took almost two years. Something like 20 months. It's a shame the ATF sh*tcanned the e-file process. I recall the turn around times were very fast for that brief period where the e-file process was in in effect. Not sure why they stopped it. Probably too efficient and not enough pain for the buyer.

garand_guy

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
2020 Supporter
I recall the turn around times were very fast for that brief period where the e-file process was in in effect. Not sure why they stopped it. Probably too efficient and not enough pain for the buyer.
There's articles out there, but from what I recall it was from fudd's complaining that the paper copies weren't being processed as fast, so the ATF wanted to be "fair."

nlvmike

Just one more
Forum Supporter
2020 Supporter
I broke down and made the call to the ATF. The agent said mine had been so long that it would require some research. She took down my number and her assistant called me back the next day. She punted. She said it wasn't the ATF's fault, it was the FBI. She said they have no control over the background check. She wouldn't give me a number to call. FYI, I have a dozen stamps so far, with no hiccups. Just coming up on 9 months for a Form 1 efile. Most of my paper form 4's were faster than that.