Forum Upgrade information thread

requiem

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Staff member
Administrator
as of this morning (4/28), we're testing a whole new software suite. If all goes to plan, the go live will be roughly 5/7.

Everything will be better, more secure and faster.

- "itrader" WILL be back and we'll hopefully have all legacy data ported over

- I may seek some pilot users for testing.

totenschadel

Forum Supporter
as of this morning (4/28), we're testing a whole new software suite. If all goes to plan, the go live will be roughly 5/7.

Everything will be better, more secure and faster.

- "itrader" WILL be back and we'll hopefully have all legacy data ported over

- I may seek some pilot users for testing.
Super news! THANK YOU for your efforts and please reach out If I can help with piloting the new feedback system.

requiem

Staff member
Administrator
Excellent. Is a “like” button in the budget?

The like buttons next to the ignore button.

Jk lol
maybe. we're working with the ministry of decency and offense to choose the right emoji, etc. To have a 'like' button may construe excessive masculinity and we wanna avoid that :dita: An Ignore button can be seen as excessively offensive, but a team of experts @ UCBerkeley are conducting a study for us.

Super news! THANK YOU for your efforts and please reach out If I can help with piloting the new feedback system.
Thanks for the offer.

requiem

Staff member
Administrator
I'm known to be critical & judgmental. That should make me a good tester.
i had a handful of peeps already message me so i think we're good.

tomorrow the forum will be coming down probably around 7pm PST. Maybe sooner.

Kiss this software goodbye!

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
I just gotta throw this in, can you do away with the damn rulz page. One thing that I find highly annoying when coming here. Do I really need to be taken to this page 3-4 times a day if I'm just browsing.

From what I see you guys moderate this site pretty hard, if someone is breaking dem rulz hit them with the page.

I think it's pretty archaic and that 20 seconds or whatever it is makes me just move the hell on. It's the only website I visit that does this. IMHO you want more traffic this needs to be done away with.

JMHO.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
I just gotta throw this in, can you do away with the damn rulz page. One thing that I find highly annoying when coming here. Do I really need to be taken to this page 3-4 times a day if I'm just browsing.

From what I see you guys moderate this site pretty hard, if someone is breaking dem rulz hit them with the page.

I think it's pretty archaic and that 20 seconds or whatever it is makes me just move the hell on. It's the only website I visit that does this. IMHO you want more traffic this needs to be done away with.

JMHO.
Hey bud,
That is weird.
I haven't seen the rules page since we updated it months ago.

You see this every time you log in? Do you have to log in each time you visit this site?

I use a phone and 2 different machines running chrome on windows and it it doesn't make me log in each time - and I don't see the rules. It might be a setting in your browser in whatever device you are using to access this site.

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
For as long as I've been a member here, I even get it when logging in from time to time. I have apple products, 2 IPads and an IPhone. And it's almost every time I come here.

It was the same when I used windows on an old home setup.

If there's a button somewhere to turn it off please, please tell me where the heck it is.

I don't typically log in every time I come here, I do when I'm trying to bypass that page. And like I say this is the ONLY place of all the places I frequent that does this.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
That is strange. I don't know how to use apple products so I can't help you there. But what I do know is when I visit this site, I am already logged in.

All I can suggest is to go nevadashooters.com, log in, and make sure this box is checked:

That may or may not help.

Of course, tonight the forum gets replaced so this may all be moot. But my point was you shouldn't have had to go through this all these years! :001_cool:

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Crazy if i'm the only one but i thought I'd mention it since your upgrading the site. I'll give that a try

And as always Thanks Much.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Crazy if i'm the only one but i thought I'd mention it since your upgrading the site. I'll give that a try

I'm glad you mentioned it.

I think the new software will be up in 24-48 hours. Completely different. It is not an upgrade from the vBulletin software, rather a whole new, far superior, package. I love it but it does take a little getting used to simply because it is different. Posting pics is a breeze and it has a feedback system similar to iTrader!

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Supporter

It might have something to do with cookies in the browser, overzealous settings in the anti-virus software - I don't know. But with any luck, you won't have that issue with the new forum software.