Forum Upgrade information thread

nevadachuck

Don't Give Up Your Guns
Guess I'm going to have to lay off the wine when looking at the site now. Crap, I see one version & figure it out, see another version & figure it out, etc. Is it ever going to stop??? I get it, I understand new & improved. But I see this all the time on other websites where it looks a bit different and the functionality is a bit different but the end result is the same. Just causes me frustration and confusion. Okay, thanks for reading and I'll go crawl back in my hole.

Lrh502

Very Active Member
My only complaint so far is that the avatar space is square and my old avatar was rectangular so no matter how I cropped it the entire text of the meme I was using would not be inside the square. My solution was to find a new meme to use that was square shaped-Grumpy Cat for the win!

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
Guess I'm going to have to lay off the wine when looking at the site now. Crap, I see one version & figure it out, see another version & figure it out, etc. Is it ever going to stop??? I get it, I understand new & improved. But I see this all the time on other websites where it looks a bit different and the functionality is a bit different but the end result is the same. Just causes me frustration and confusion. Okay, thanks for reading and I'll go crawl back in my hole.
Don't worry. It was the same for 10 years. Hopefully it'll be like this for 10! 😂

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
My only complaint so far is that the avatar space is square and my old avatar was rectangular so no matter how I cropped it the entire text of the meme I was using would not be inside the square. My solution was to find a new meme to use that was square shaped-Grumpy Cat for the win!
Could be larger... I have lots of space to the left of the avatar and to the right of the text box. Titan, up the pix to something like 800x800 :devilish:

I saw that I had a alert about a trophy and i find i had 300+ message in my file. Most of these are duplicates. please look into this problem.

Thanks
jimf5 in Pahrump

requiem

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Staff member
Administrator
I saw that I had a alert about a trophy and i find i had 300+ message in my file. Most of these are duplicates. please look into this problem.

Thanks
jimf5 in Pahrump
Yes I’ve noticed duplicated messages. This is probably from the final data port that was done from the old database. Going forward this should not be an issue but will look into getting that cleaned up.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
So Tapatalk no longer works for me. Also, even with the “keep me logged in” box clicked, it still logs me out. This is on Safari.
Yep. Doesn't work for anyone. Consider it down until further notice. Should be up again soon.

This was addressed (scroll up).

I'll repeat that one reason for the new platform is that it is mobile friendly. It is much faster and responsive than the old site was when using Tapatalk.

titanNV

NRA Endowment Member
Administrator
Forum Supporter
As far as changing buttons in the code that'll probably not happen.

Fogie

Swimming Pool Monkey
Forum Supporter
So, you have to open a thread and then click on the "jump to new" button? Or is it also somewhere else? I can't seem to find it.
Click on thread, yep..The button is upper right of the page for me.
Sometimes, it seems to happen automatically. Jumps to the latest post/comment, I mean.