• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Fun shoot at CCSC - Sporting Clays?

Brider

CPAs do it by the numbers
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Does anyone shoot the sporting clay's fun shoot out at Clark County on the 4th Sat of each month. I got into trap back in October of last year, shot in two leagues and improved my score; but I shot a round of sporting clays last weekend and it was fun! So I am looking to check out the fun shoot and maybe move from trap to clays.

Thanks.

pick_six

Adjusting to the west!
Forum Supporter
I shoot SC a couple times a year. More often I shoot skeet, occasionally trap.

Several folks, who may chime in, shoot at least one of the three fairly often.

This time of the year, I usually cut back. And my shooting partner is having a run of bad health.

Dusty

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
Been shooting sporting clay's there several times. It is fun, always something new. There is a guy here, that's been around since about 2000 BC.;) He knows just about everything there is to know about that coarse. He's been shooting sporting clays since it was just sporting pigeons, and there was some guy hiding behind a bush that threw the pigeon up in the air after you called pull.:LOL: He even knows the people that set up and maintain the coarse. Drum roll please, the one and only @NYECOGunsmith . Seriously though I've been wanting to go shooting sporting clays with Him for a while now. Not sure but I think His card is still on the bulletin board there offering lessons.

Last edited:

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
When I was exiled to,,,,,, ahh, cast away on this miserable planet some 10 to the 16th power eons ago, the shields on the prisoner transport, er, I mean galactic cruise ship, failed briefly as we passed through a black hole in the Curmudgeon Nebula, and I got a high dose of cosmic radiation.

Didn't do much to me except give me a nice tan and kill off the herd of tiny livestock (vacuum lice, crabs, space herpes,, the usual) I was carrying but now anyone who stands too close to me gets LESIONS from the excess radiation I give off. Don't worry, they heal up on their own in a few thousand years without treatment.

Shot sporting clays over there this past Thursday, was only about 106 and with the high wind, wasn't all that bad. Used that new little 28 Gauge Cynergy I acquired a couple of months ago, managed a decent though not notable score. Now that I have acquired the Cynergy in .410, will have to give the clays course a try with that and see how badly I can embarrass myself.

Oh, ya, Dusty, when I started shooting sporting clays , it was with Flint Spears launched by Atlatls and the targets were baby pterodactyls, small targets and you had to be fast to dodge their Mom who was a bit over protective. And of course we didn't have golf carts to go from station to station in, we just road our Velociraptors.

First liar ain't got a chance...……...

When it cools off a might, maybe we can arrange a Nevada Shoots Clays Day at the Clark County Complex, some sporting clays, skeet or even (UGH! BORING!) trap...………..

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Been shooting sporting clay's there several times. It is fun, always something new. There is a guy here, that's been around since about 2000 BC.;) He knows just about everything there is to know about that coarse. He's been shooting sporting clays since it was just sporting pigeons, and there was some guy hiding behind a bush that threw the pigeon up in the air after you called pull.:LOL: He even knows the people that set up and maintain the coarse. Drum roll please, the one and only @NYECOGunsmith . Seriously though I've been wanting to go shooting sporting clays with Him for a while now. Not sure but I think His card is still on the bulletin board there offering lessons.
Nope, no card on the board, not NSCA OR ATA or NSSA or NRA Certified, the folks who run the place, set the courses up, maintain the machines, etc, I have shot with or against for years, in some of their cases for 40+ years.

They do occasionally point some poor unfortunate soul in my direction who is seeking to improve their wing shooting, I guess they figure after watching me shoot all those years it must be case of those who can, do, those who can't, teach, so therefore I must be able to teach it, as rumor has it I can't hit the broad side of narrow barn with a shotgun if I am locked inside.
I hate it when rumor is right......

Brider

CPAs do it by the numbers
Staff member
Forum Supporter
When it cools off a might, maybe we can arrange a Nevada Shoots Clays Day at the Clark County Complex, some sporting clays, skeet or even (UGH! BORING!) trap...………..
I'm in for a NVS Clay Day! Powder some clays and lunch at Road Kill.

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
When it cools off, maybe we can even drag a few of the folks here who have said they want to learn to shoot a shotgun for the first time out there, like Geo, Tophog, Lonerider, etc. Start with some easy American skeet, work our way up to Sporting Clays.

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
Shot sporting clays over there this past Thursday, was only about 106 and with the high wind, wasn't all that bad. Used that new little 28 Gauge Cynergy I acquired a couple of months ago, managed a decent though not notable score.
Thanks for letting me know, like you said you would! D**k!!! Never mind that I am in CA right now. But then you probably knew that already and that is why you didn't tell me and...

NYECOGunsmith

Obsessed Member
Staff member
Yup, you told me you would be in CA last week. And this was a family shoot, two of my family are moving away, one is on his way to Tennessee as we speak, the other is moving to Florida shortly, so it was the last time the 4 of us will get to shoot clays together. And we had a tight time table, had to get over there, shoot, and get back here in a limited amount of time, with 4 of us shooting we just barely made it.

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
You said it would hopefully be your last trip to CA,...………..well, did it work out that way?
Yes I remember now. Also remember saying I would come see you after I got back, to either fix something or get chopped up into kat fud...
Still working at the house right now. Probably back in Vegas Wednesday in time to get drunk and set off fireworks for my niece.
Most things are done right now, mainly just need to grout the floor tiles, do touch up and finish cleaning. Oh and fix idiot's yard work ( that will be most of the work).

Gullwing

1911 pistolsmith
Staff member
And this was a family shoot, two of my family are moving away, one is on his way to Tennessee as we speak, the other is moving to Florida shortly, so it was the last time the 4 of us will get to shoot clays together. And we had a tight time table, had to get over there, shoot, and get back here in a limited amount of time, with 4 of us shooting we just barely made it.
Good (y)