FYI for anyone considering going to the Big Reno Show Nov 2-4

RobF

uber n00b
Be aware that neither the big ammo vender miwall nor the big magazine vendor will be at the show. If you are going for ammo or magazines, you will be out of luck.

Last edited:

Cirdan

Very Active Member
The Miwall site just says "unable to attend. See us at Crossroads."

Wonder what that's all about. Main reason I usually go is to buy ammo. Fully stocked at the moment, so I wasn't planning on attending anyways.

Grumpyoldretiredcop

uber Member
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I went yesterday, not a great show this time. That worked to my advantage as I was able to pick up a couple of items at a good price. If you're going to sell, not so much.

Thank you for this information.
That show was one of the slowest I ever went to. Here's why: One guy hasd a Zastava 70A Tokarov for $1,200. (not a typo) & another guy had a Ruger standard .22 pistol for $900. Guess they didn't get the memo. Gun sales are very soft & second hand prices are collapsing now-a-days.

RobF

uber n00b
This show used to have a fair number of folks selling who were getting rid of stuff they no longer wanted. A buyer could get some good deals, and a seller probably made a little money on something he has owned and enjoyed for many years. These types of "amateur" sellers are almost non-existent now - maybe a few each show. Mostly now a bunch of guys wanting full retail for used stuff. I can do that at Cabelas and get future support if there's a problem.

I've often wondered if there would be any interest in a true flea market or swap meet type of gun show. No professional dealers allowed. Everyone back up their trucks and let the trading begin.

TexasJackKin

Breathng Free, at last
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
I didn't make it to the last show, but I've come to think of them more like "Gun Museums" the "good deal" idea is almost nonexistent. But usually at least a few things of interest. I'm usually looking for bargains on reloading stuff, and you just don't see much of that at most shows.

MAC702

LEGEN...wait for it... DARY!
Commercial Sponsor
Forum Supporter
...I've often wondered if there would be any interest in a true flea market or swap meet type of gun show. No professional dealers allowed. Everyone back up their trucks and let the trading begin.
We have one a couple times a year for members only at Desert Sportsman's Rifle and Pistol Club.

bjelinek

Poster
Forum Supporter
2019 Supporter
This show used to have a fair number of folks selling who were getting rid of stuff they no longer wanted. A buyer could get some good deals, and a seller probably made a little money on something he has owned and enjoyed for many years. These types of "amateur" sellers are almost non-existent now - maybe a few each show. Mostly now a bunch of guys wanting full retail for used stuff. I can do that at Cabelas and get future support if there's a problem.

I've often wondered if there would be any interest in a true flea market or swap meet type of gun show. No professional dealers allowed. Everyone back up their trucks and let the trading begin.
I always thought that there was a show like that at the Eagles lodge in Fallon. It would be nice to do something like that in Reno or Vegas, but it would probably get out of hand really quick.