• Chat feature is now enabled for ALL USERS!

Glock 19X availability in Vegas

WantaG18

Geisterfahrer
Anybody working in a gun shop, or own a gun shop, that might know when these will be available in Vegas? They're slated to be released January 22nd.

5.56 AP

What’s new about it? They just removed the finger grooves?

Sorry, not a Glock guy.

Glocksterpaulie

The Perfectionist
Forum Supporter
Same concept that has been around for a long time. Like the people who wanted a FS grip on a 1911 but wanted a shorter slide. Glock FS 17 frame with a 19 slide. I only carry IWB and prefer a shorter grip over a shorter slide. Grip is what prints the most.

Paulie

Glocksterpaulie

The Perfectionist
Forum Supporter
They got rid of the half moon cut out in the front of the grip. Something Glock should have never put on the gen 5. Things changed years ago when Gaston dumped his wife for his younger nurse and **** on his kids.

Amazing what younger pu$$y will do to an old man.

Paulie

The popularity of the short grip/long slide combo is why the Colt CCO is everywhere and the Colt Commander has gone basically extinct.

Or...

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
As a Glock fan who normally conceals, I don't get the appeal. G19 grip is enough for a full hand and can use G17 mags for full capacity. Seems like a longer slider on a smaller frame would be more helpful.

As a Glock fan who normally conceals, I don't get the appeal. G19 grip is enough for a full hand and can use G17 mags for full capacity. Seems like a longer slider on a smaller frame would be more helpful.
The G19X wasn't designed for concealed carry -- it was intended to be a service sidearm.

Despite the internet's collective rage echoing your point, the firearms market isn't filled with longer slide, short frame handguns. Manufacturers have offered them before, and sales haven't matched the rhetoric, which logically means that the internet isn't representative of the actual market of real life consumers.

Teresa

uber Member
Same concept that has been around for a long time. Like the people who wanted a FS grip on a 1911 but wanted a shorter slide. Glock FS 17 frame with a 19 slide. I only carry IWB and prefer a shorter grip over a shorter slide. Grip is what prints the most.

Paulie
Ya, it's the Sig p320/p250 "Carry" model idea. Shocked G17 Gen5 mags won't work it in though, very odd.

YoungGun

Obsessed Member
Forum Supporter
No way I am going to be spending any penny on that. I have a near perfect grip with the G19 and if I want 17rd mag, well G17 mag in my G19. I am pretty disappointed in Glock’s new stuffs, i.e. gen 5 and this new G19X.

Yg

jfrey123

I aim to misbehave...
Staff member
Forum Supporter
The G19X wasn't designed for concealed carry -- it was intended to be a service sidearm.

...which logically means that the internet isn't representative of the actual market of real life consumers.

I won't argue the logic portion, but by the same token then we're not going to see many of these outside of PD and armed security.